Vanilla Black

Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

Vanilla is the bean-shaped seedpod or “fruit” of a specific type of orchid vine that is indigenous to the surrounding areas of Veracruz, Mexico. Vanilla has an ancient history as an Aztec medicine and aphrodisiac. Spanish conquistadors discovered vanilla during the early 16th century and introduced it to Europe, where it became a prized food ingredient and precious commodity. Its cultivation spread throughout the tropics, and today vanilla endures as an important part of worldwide food culture.

Flavor Profile: Decadent and creamy with the sweet enchanting flavor of real vanilla

About Rishi Tea View company

I feel wrapped in vanilla, a very good vanilla. The tea is there, but as an understatement. I added my normal amount of sweetening, but that made it overwhelmingly sweet. Now I want to go and bake some cookies.

A nice morning tea for me. I take mine with a splash of cream as it’s a little bland black (in my opinion.) The vanilla scent definitely hits you in the nose more than the tongue.

Strong strong vanilla aroma on opening the pouch. Those chunks of real vanilla bean are going strong. However, much less taste on the tongue in the tea. Need to try this with a little milk or kick to see if the fats or alcohol bring out more of the vanilla. The tea itself is standard Rishi black.

Steeped 3 tbs in 8 oz for 4 min in french press. Added 1 tbs local honey. Thoughts: creamy, rich, strong. Will try 2 tbs 4 min next time.