Wild Berry Black

Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

Fruit teas are a modern invention that started in Europe and spread to most black tea-drinking markets around the world. Typically, mediocre teas are blended with the same artificial flavors used in the production of soft drinks and candy. Rishi’s master tea blenders set out create Wild Berry as a purely natural and organic fruit tea made of real fruit and shade-grown black tea from our antique tea tree project in Yunnan.

Flavor Profile: Succulent and jammy with refreshing wild berries and bright hibiscus

About Rishi Tea View company

Woke up with a little sore throat, so I wanted a plain tea with honey. However, it’s way too early in the day for herbals – I need my morning black! I remembered this one being a bit tart, so it worked out just perfectly with honey.

Strong and yummy black tea base, with lots of true berry flavor. The hibiscus is understated, which I appreciate. It tastes like the tartness is coming from the blueberry and raspberry.

I wasn’t impressed by this tea. I picked it up in a rush just because I wanted to try something new and the Rishi chai tea I had tried blew me away so I figured this should be good too. And it is good, but it simply isn’t for me. I really don’t know what I was expecting as I’m not really into berry flavored anything but I expected more out of this. If you truly enjoy berry tea that, well, actually tastes like berries, then this is for you. But me? I needed to add milk and sugar to get it to taste better.

Really really nice tea :)