Keemun Golden Buds

Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

Keemun black tea was created during the middle of the nineteenth century in Qi Men (Keemun), a small town in the province of Anhui, China. With its commercial success, neighboring regions of Anhui started to produce a style of black tea from small leaf tea bushes. Today, the name Keemun refers more to a process and product range, rather than an origin. Our Keemun Golden Buds is a very unique Gong Fu tea, which is hand harvested according to a one leaf and one bud standard. This tightly rolled, well-fermented tea is super tippy with a very unique leaf style. Its deep red infusion is full flavored with rich notes of caramelized sugar and fresh pine. This is one of our premier black teas from the Xuan En Yulu Fair Trade project in southwestern Hubei, China.

About Rishi Tea View company

Unusual Keemun (the pine notes make themselves known), but quite good after working with it a bit. Has a refreshing “light” quality that I really like.

This is a very different black tea than what I’m used to drinking. Something about the taste makes it stand out. Maybe it tastes like nutty (maybe like chestnut). Maybe it is the “fresh pine” note it is supposed to have. I don’t reach for this very often, so I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this.