Chamomile Medley

Herbal Tea
Herbaceous, Lemongrass, Mint, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 oz / 147 ml

• “I’m not a big fan of Chamomile by itself and I am picky about Chamomile when it’s with other things…BUT…on the other hand I Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • Random Teabag Sipdown I took a handful of random teabags with me over the weekend so I could work on a few sipdowns, I’m just a little behind posting the actual tasting...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 2118 tasting notes
  • “This tea is good with honey if you have a cold, however, I found the taste to lack flavor. I felt that I could find a similar tasting tea in the grocery store, however, I’m sure I would have...” Read full tasting note
    kristenlucia 2 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

A calming Chamomile blend with a sweet, honey-like character and a hint of mint, blended to relax and refresh

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

I’m not a big fan of Chamomile by itself and I am picky about Chamomile when it’s with other things…BUT…on the other hand I LOVE MINTY things so I am hoping the mint cancels or at least helps out the Chamomile in this case.

It smells like a gentle mint mixed with Chamomile – pleasant enough, I suppose.

I will say that the Chamomile is the flavor in front but then the lemon balm is quite strong too…I would say it’s more balmy than lemony…somewhat like chapstick if you were to lick your lips…waxy, maybe? But then there is a little minty-goodness that gives it a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I wouldn’t run right out and purchase this but it’s a doable late night tea. The Lemon Balm and Mint help tone down the stereotypical Chamomile so those, like me, who aren’t really into chamomile in the evening – or any time – may find this one a little easier on the palate.

Not bad.

Random Teabag Sipdown

I took a handful of random teabags with me over the weekend so I could work on a few sipdowns, I’m just a little behind posting the actual tasting notes. This is the last of the tea bag sampler pack I bought from Rishi for my birthday. I’ve been saving it for a day when I needed something relaxing and after visiting with family all weekend this sure fit the bill.

On its own, I’m not really a fan of Chamomile, but I do love it when it is blended with other things. Since this is called Chamomile Medley I wasn’t really expecting the main flavor of this blend to be lemon, but looking at the ingredients it contains lemon myrtle and lemongrass. I’m not a huge fan of either, in fact I generally dislike all things citrus, so it was surprising how much I really liked this. I think it could use a dash of honey to sweeten it up, but I don’t have any with me.

This wasn’t really what I was looking for, but I do think it will be a nice tea for when I’m sick. I’ll have to pick some up next time I reorder from Rishi, which should be any time now since I’m down to my last few Tablespoons from my last order.

This tea is good with honey if you have a cold, however, I found the taste to lack flavor. I felt that I could find a similar tasting tea in the grocery store, however, I’m sure I would have seen a deduction in health benefits. Additionally, this tea did not re-steep very well and tasted as if I was drinking hot water by the time I steeped my second pot of tea. All in all, I would not buy this tea again.