Dragon Well (Long Jing)

Green Tea
Nutty, Sweet, Grass, Vegetal, Dry Grass, Dust, Sweet, warm grass, Chicken Soup, Nuts
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Samantha Jo Rogers

Available from 1 seller.

From Rishi Tea

Dragon Well (Long Jing) is the most famous Chinese green tea, named after the Dragon’s Well landmark in the West lake area of the Zhejiang, where the tea originated. Dragon Well is a pan-fired green tea that is flat fried by hand in large woks one small batch at a time according to an artisan processing technique that yields a tea with leaves shaped like the blade of a sword. Each spring, during the prime Dragon Well harvest, we select a unique quality that has a balance of fresh green and smooth toasted flavors. Rishi’s Dragon Well is mellow and smooth with a fresh bittersweet finish and roasted chestnut aroma.

About Rishi Tea View company

Great mellow tea, nice pale pear colored liquid when properly brewed. 1st infusion one minute, great earthy roasty taste with a light sweet note.

Smooth brew with a slight nuttiness. A tea that relaxes me.

I treated myself to this somewhat expensive tea and was disappointed. I wish I could say I loved it, but it tasted, to me, of brothy sea water. I got none of the tasting notes described by Rishi and it definitely was not sweet nor had any aroma. I tried making iced tea with it, but still didn’t like it at all. I’ll stay with Rishi’s Ancient Emerald Lily instead.

Very pleasant and mild. Neither overly grassy nor earthy. A little sweetness but not too much. Just about a perfect green tea.

Beautiful, classic Chinese green tea. I can’t get my family to enjoy Japanese green teas (my personal favourite), because their taste buds have been ruined by grocery store bought “green tea bags” their whole lives. But THIS, they love and can’t get enough of! It’s the Chinese green tea taste they’re looking for – but a million times better.

Just opened a new bag, so smooth.

Last of this lot. Was starting to get a little spinach character.