Genmai Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster
Iced 0 min, 15 sec

• “Since I'm in the process of cooking dinner, I thought I'd serve something on ice. I recently procured this tea from my local Whole Foods. I was a bit hesitant to "brew" it in cold water - but...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Of the powdered green teas I've had, this one is great - not too strong, and a great grassy taste. That said, I rather prefer full-leaf genmai cha to this powdered tea. ” Read full tasting note
    rubicat 73 tasting notes
  • “You can't taste the tea very much, but certainly the rice. Maybe I should use less water next time to make a stronger brew. Either way, for an instant tea, it's very impressive. I just wish it...” Read full tasting note
    tcaldron 59 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

Genmai Green tea is refreshing and mild with a sweet roasted flavor.
All Natural & Antioxidant Rich
65mg polyphenols per serving!

To Your Health
Unlike instant tea extracts, Genmai is made with 100% pure tealeaves and roasted rice that are cold milled into a fine powder. No added colorants, synthetic sweeteners, sugars or flavors—just the antioxidant, vitamin and mineral-richness of real tea.

Low Caffeine
Contains just 3mg of caffeine per serving, compared to 85mg in your average cup of coffee.

Antioxidant Rich
Natural tea powder is one of the richest sources of flavonoid antioxidants which protect your body against free radicals—molecules that can damage cells. The powerful antioxidants found in tea are believed to help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol, strengthen the immune system and promote weight loss.

About Rishi Tea View company

Since I’m in the process of cooking dinner, I thought I’d serve something on ice. I recently procured this tea from my local Whole Foods.

I was a bit hesitant to “brew” it in cold water – but it does dissolve quickly.

The flavor is true to a good quality Genmaicha tea – just cold! I don’t typically drink my genmaicha teas cold so it’s rather unusual for me in that respect. But I’m finding it quite enjoyable. No sweetening necessary, like genmaicha it has a natural sweetness to it that is a pure delight.

I’m really liking it!

Iced 0 min, 15 sec

Of the powdered green teas I’ve had, this one is great – not too strong, and a great grassy taste. That said, I rather prefer full-leaf genmai cha to this powdered tea.

You can’t taste the tea very much, but certainly the rice. Maybe I should use less water next time to make a stronger brew. Either way, for an instant tea, it’s very impressive. I just wish it tasted more like tea (although the roasted rice flavor is excellent).

Iced