Jade Cloud (aka Green Jade)

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Haha, I thought I had previously reviewed this one, but apparently not! Excellent! I'm super distracted right now because oh my gosh, I am dating the sweetest boy ever and am currently over the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Must. Order. More. Tea. I have such a small hand full of oolongs and greens now which is sad because that's pretty much what I'm going to have in the evening. In fact, I have enough leaf to do...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Finally trying the last of the Rishi teas I ordered during the Mother's Day sale! After my wonderful experience with their Ancient Emerald Lily I was hoping this tea would be similar but alas, this...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I am having a hard time writing this review. This tea makes me think of nothing more than sitting outside on a sunny day in the short grass. Sun is shining on your face, and the sweet scent of the...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

Jade Cloud (aka Green Jade), Organic Fair Trade Green Tea Jade Cloud is a special grade of Chinese green tea produced in the high elevation tea gardens of western Hubei, China. Each year, our Jade Cloud is carefully selected from the farmers’ earliest batches of spring tea. Organic Jade Cloud has a mellow and refreshing character that is smooth with low astringency. Jade Cloud’s aroma suggests sweetly toasted chestnut and bluegrass.

About Rishi Tea View company

This tea is a favorite of mine because the price makes it a great everyday tea, and it’s very tasty. This is the kind of tea I think of when I think of a “soothing cup of tea.” It’s not the most interesting and complex tea, but it’s very soft and naturally sweet with little astringency. The flavor is very “green,” buttery, veggie, and a decent amount of umami. The savory sweetness of this tea is what makes it.

195 °F / 90 °C 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Excellent tea to start off the morning; just enough relaxation with energy!

I prefer this unfiltered, with fresh leaf and water added through the day and evening.

Consumed this way, a single can lasts about a week of constant brewing.

super aromatic, prominent grassy, seaweedy (that’s a good thing) notes. Astringency kept me from total enjoyment. Got it at a cafe, so didn’t have control of the water temp- want to try this one at home.

I don’t typically drink green tea, but I really enjoyed how mellow this one was. I steeped this one twice and the second time around it was weaker, but perfectly drinkable, but I’m not sure I would have gotten a third out of it.

It’s green tea, y’all.

Nothing remarkable. Also nothing bad. Steeped at Rishi’s recommended quantity for their recommended time, Jade Cloud yields a clear liquor with a mild vegetal scent. They say hints of chestnut; I’d say hints of water chestnut.

Flavor is mild, slightly sweet, slightly grassy, with occasional hints of pear. Zero astringency when prepared Rishi’s way. Very drinkable but forgettable. I could see this one as an everyday tea if you got a good price on it. Just flavorful enough to know you’re drinking tea, and neutral enough you could drink it with anything.

Package claims two steeps. No disagreement from me; second is weaker but drinkable, third is a no go.

This one’s fair trade, which earns it warm social justice fuzzies but doesn’t affect the flavor.

This is a high quality green tea that can easily be steeped for 3-4 infusions (despite what it says on the packaging). The grassy aroma and taste reminds me of a good Sencha. one thing to keep im mind is that it should be steeped for slightly longer than most green teas (at least for the first infusion).

This is a great, standard green tea. Nice crisp flavor, almost minty even, I enjoyed this tea every time I had it. Very refreshing. I would definitely buy more, although I would probably try some other green teas before I come back to this one.

I didn’t realize I liked this Rishi tea as much as I do. The nuttiness is great and unexpected from a Japanese green. I feel like I should like this tea less since it comes packaged from the market in my neighborhood, but if I’m ever running low and need to pick-up some tea locally I won’t hesitate to buy this again.

The raw tea leaves have a clean scent and a hint of something like fresh cut hay. The tea steeps to a mild yellow.

First steep: Light clean taste. Slight hint of vegetativeness, but not overpowering nor unpleasant. This is a very mellow green tea.
Second Steep – Same temp 5 minutes: Lighter taste, still pleasant. No vegetativeness this steeping.
Third Steep – Same temp 7 minutes: Pretty similar to the last steeping, maybe a bit less flavor.
Fourth Steep – Same temp 10 minutes: Too watery to enjoy.