Jade Cloud (aka Green Jade)

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Green, Green Beans, Vegetal, Chestnut, Sweet, warm grass, Mint
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “Haha, I thought I had previously reviewed this one, but apparently not! Excellent! I’m super distracted right now because oh my gosh, I am dating the sweetest boy ever and am currently over...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2985 tasting notes
  • “Must. Order. More. Tea. I have such a small hand full of oolongs and greens now which is sad because that’s pretty much what I’m going to have in the evening. In fact, I have enough...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Finally trying the last of the Rishi teas I ordered during the Mother’s Day sale! After my wonderful experience with their Ancient Emerald Lily I was hoping this tea would be similar but...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I am having a hard time writing this review. This tea makes me think of nothing more than sitting outside on a sunny day in the short grass. Sun is shining on your face, and the sweet scent of the...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

Jade Cloud (aka Green Jade), Organic Fair Trade Green Tea Jade Cloud is a special grade of Chinese green tea produced in the high elevation tea gardens of western Hubei, China. Each year, our Jade Cloud is carefully selected from the farmers’ earliest batches of spring tea. Organic Jade Cloud has a mellow and refreshing character that is smooth with low astringency. Jade Cloud’s aroma suggests sweetly toasted chestnut and bluegrass.

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

I never sleep well before early morning shows. If I have to set an alarm I just don’t get sleep because I’m afraid it won’t go off. But I did this to myself. I asked for the early morning reserve so that I could walk with my dad to his gate. He arrived early as well cause he had trouble sleeping. I think it happens to everyone. We went to get scones and tea/coffee. I picked this one. My tongue is a lil burnt from trying to try the tea while it was still too hot. But it doesn’t take away from the good grassy flavor this tea has. It’s a calming tea. I must admit though that it is still not quite as good as it could be. The after taste is not what I usually like in a green tea.

This tea is not my favorite. I keep tasting more of a crisp minty taste and I feel like I should be tasting something more sweet. If you are going to go green, I feel like there are so many better options. “Cloud Mist” being one.

Flavors: Green, Mint

My second Rishi experience, Jade Cloud is an organic and fair trade China green which brews up pale yellow with a touch of green.

The scent and appearance of both the dried and the infused leaves remind me very much of Mao Feng, though this tea is identified by Rishi as “Wulu”. The flavor offers some interesting Long Jing facets as well.

A solid offering, and a yummy lunchtime tea! I made a big pot and will be reinfusing the leaves for a post-dinner decaffeinated green.

(Blazing New Rating #15)

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 27 OZ / 798 ML

A nice basic light green tea. There is nothing that stands out about this tea. Its light and refreshing.

This wasn’t as tasty as it usually is today. I can’t figure out why :/

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I hate it when that happens. :(

Yeah :( It’s my go-to morning tea too. I am probably more upset about this than I should be, haha!

I totally get it. Because then you’re like “is it the tea? is it me? did I brew it wrong? is it the cup/mug/travel mug/vessel? aaahhh!”

It’s so frustrating when you have a cup like that. I’ve got one going right now. First steep excellent, second steep, normally also excellent is just wrong. I don’t know what I did.

:/ I am sorry to hear that you are having an off tea day as well Cheri.

@Keychange: YES. That was what was going through my mind!

This tea is a favorite of mine because the price makes it a great everyday tea, and it’s very tasty. This is the kind of tea I think of when I think of a “soothing cup of tea.” It’s not the most interesting and complex tea, but it’s very soft and naturally sweet with little astringency. The flavor is very “green,” buttery, veggie, and a decent amount of umami. The savory sweetness of this tea is what makes it.

195 °F / 90 °C 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Excellent tea to start off the morning; just enough relaxation with energy!

I prefer this unfiltered, with fresh leaf and water added through the day and evening.

Consumed this way, a single can lasts about a week of constant brewing.

super aromatic, prominent grassy, seaweedy (that’s a good thing) notes. Astringency kept me from total enjoyment. Got it at a cafe, so didn’t have control of the water temp- want to try this one at home.

I don’t typically drink green tea, but I really enjoyed how mellow this one was. I steeped this one twice and the second time around it was weaker, but perfectly drinkable, but I’m not sure I would have gotten a third out of it.