Jasmine Green Tea

Low
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Rishi Tea

From Rishi Tea

Ingredients: Organic and Fair Trade Certified™ green tea with jasmine.

Jasmine tea is the most popular flower-scented tea in East Asia, enjoyed throughout the day and as an uplifting after-meal tea. This tea’s deliciously sweet floral aroma is created through an artisanal tea scenting process. Jasmine blossoms, collected at their peak season, are repeatedly mixed amongst tea leaves and removed only after imparting their fragrance deeply into the tea.

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

Another tea I got while waiting. I liked this one a little more then the Dragon Well. There was a nice light jasmine flavor that wasn’t too obtrusive. You could also still taste the light flavor of the green tea that was sort of grassy and sweet. Complimented my hummus and veggie plate very nicely.

Floral beauty! This tea has a sort of natural sweetness to it that is extremely pleasing to the palate. The aroma and the taste make this tea refreshing, and I get a good kick from the natural caffeine!

This tea is the first organic I brought. In a word – it tasted like a flower. It tasted very refreshing without being bitter. My favorite of my collection.

A lot of our local coffee shops serve Rishi tea so when I was pregnant and [mostly] gave up coffee this was what I switched to. I love this, it has a very strong Jasmine flavor and smells wonderful. Just don’t do what I did today and get distracted talking to someone and leave the tea steeping for 15 minutes, you end up with a bitter mess that way. This is a tea that you really do need to pay close attention to both time and temperature when preparing it otherwise it tends to turn very bitter.

Free sample from Midwest Tea Fest.
Jasmine, base tea doesn’t contribute much flavor, not astringent, thick mouthfeel. This tea is all about the jasmine.

Flavors: Jasmine, Thick

Pleasant floral jasmine notes in a well-balanced cup. Jasmine flavor and scent feels like a good amount to accent the green tea.

Backlog. I was in Chicago over the weekend and ate at a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant—they served this (in bags!) and I was very impressed. The fragrance was strong, and while the taste didn’t quite match it was much better than I would have expected from a bag and from this price point. I thought several times that I must have oversteeped it but it never tasted burned. I resteeped once for two small pots out of one bag. The second pot was easily as good as the first and I got the feeling I could have gotten several more steeps out of it. I may have to get some of this, especially considering how easy to brew it was! I love jasmine teas but don’t drink them nearly enough.

Flavors: Jasmine

well, i ran out of my favorite jasmine pearls, so in the meantime i picked up a tin of this at World Market – not quite as good as i was hoping, but definitely serviceable. as someone else noticed, this will give you your Jasmine Fix, if that’s what you need. Quite pleasant, and because it is so unobtrusive, will probably make a fabulous all-day-long tea.

juliebeth

i find myself having this again this morning, after a severe craving. the jasmine is different than on the pearls i’m out of…and it was specifically what i was craving. shoot, may have to bump the rating on this one a bit higher. also a nice chewy green flavor i hadn’t noticed before. hmmmm….

TeaExplorer

Sounds like this tea is working it’s way into your brain :)

good tea