Jasmine Green Tea (Jasmine Yin Hao)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Rishi Tea

Organic green tea is blended with fresh jasmine blossoms by a traditional tea scenting process. The green tea absorbs the natural essence from fresh jasmine blossoms and imparts a sweet and soothing fragrance in every cup.

About Rishi Tea View company

Another tea I got while waiting. I liked this one a little more then the Dragon Well. There was a nice light jasmine flavor that wasn’t too obtrusive. You could also still taste the light flavor of the green tea that was sort of grassy and sweet. Complimented my hummus and veggie plate very nicely.

Floral beauty! This tea has a sort of natural sweetness to it that is extremely pleasing to the palate. The aroma and the taste make this tea refreshing, and I get a good kick from the natural caffeine!

This tea is the first organic I brought. In a word – it tasted like a flower. It tasted very refreshing without being bitter. My favorite of my collection.

A lot of our local coffee shops serve Rishi tea so when I was pregnant and [mostly] gave up coffee this was what I switched to. I love this, it has a very strong Jasmine flavor and smells wonderful. Just don’t do what I did today and get distracted talking to someone and leave the tea steeping for 15 minutes, you end up with a bitter mess that way. This is a tea that you really do need to pay close attention to both time and temperature when preparing it otherwise it tends to turn very bitter.

This is a nice Jasmine Green tea. It has a pleasant sweet jasmine aroma, its probably a 6 out of 10 in terms of intensity. I like to use this tea for making Jasmine Rice and putting it in keemun black tea every now and than. Its good for relaxing. Its not the best jasmine I have bought but its organic and not expensive. Can’t go wrong if you like Jasmine scented teas.

From CANTB

A slightly sweet and vegetal green with a strong, but not overwhelming amount of jasmine. It’s not quite as immersive as I like my jasmine, and doesn’t quite live up to the ‘experience not a taste’ feeling that I get with some of my favorites.

Even so, I could see this as being a more inexpensive fix to my serious need-of-jasmine problem.

This was nice and soothing. I had it in France but I believe it came from West China.

I’d never tried a jasmine green tea before and I saw this tea in the sampler baskets at Whole Foods, so I thought I’d give it a try. Drinking the first cup right now, and at first, when the tea was still slightly too hot to drink I didn’t think I liked the jasmine flavor but as it’s cooled down I’ve enjoyed it a little more. I still think I’d rather have unflavored green tea, though. :\
Water temperature was supposed to be 180, I don’t have a thermometer and I think I brewed it a little hot though, so marked as 185.