Orange Blossom

Green Tea, Jasmine, Lemon Myrtle, Lemongrass, Lime, Orange Oil, Rose, Tangerine
Jasmine, Flowers, Orange Zest
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I'm a sucker for anything orange. So just based on the name I knew I had to get this one. Sadly, I'm a bit brain dead tonight so I can't really pick out lots of goodies from the dry leaf. But it...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I made up a gallon of this iced and have been drinking it all day. A gallon didn't actually use all that many leaves (just 4 tbsp) as the tea can handle a second steeping very well, so I just...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Hello! Welcome to a tea that Auggy sent me! Right, so if you take Rishi's Citron Oolong, and you take away the hint of lime that you get in that, and you replace it with a hint of orange, you...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Meghann M!!!! Thanks for sending this my way! This smells like Orange Blossom Soap that I have smelled before. Not that it smells soapy...but it was the 'scent of the soap' that actually...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

Orange Blossom is a refreshing and floral blend of green teas with sweetly-scented blossoms, lemongrass and tropical citrus fruits.

Ingredients: Organic Fair Trade Certified™ green tea, organic lemongrass, organic lemon myrtle, natural rose flavor, natural essential oils of orange, lime, and tangerine, organic jasmine flowers.

About Rishi Tea View company

I’m normally not a huge fan of green tea, but this is one of the few teas we have at work so I thought I’d give it a try this morning. To my surprise, it’s pretty good. I only steeped the tea for about 2 minutes and I found that was the perfect amount. It’s slightly sweet and orangy (I know that’s not a word but bear with me) with a floral aftertaste and no bitterness! This isn’t my favorite tea but it’s the best available at my work!

Flavors: Flowers, Orange Zest

I generally love floral, perfumey teas (and for that matter, foods), so it’s natural that I like this tea.

I do wish it was more of a true orange blossom, instead of being mostly overwhelmed by a lemongrass flavor. But it is still very good, and a nice afternoon tea since it’s a bit lower in caffeine. In fact, I wish I hadn’t brewed a cup this morning. In the future, I think I’ll save this tea for afternoons after stressful mornings.

This is an example of how to get the most flavor out of a loose leaf tea. It’s naturally sweet and packed with citrus (though it was more lemon than orange in my opinion). I could tell from the first sip this was a solid green tea.

I was thrown off by the tea smelling a lot like Pine Sol. Appearance of the tea also threw me. This appeared to be more of a light black tea than a green. The color scheme might have been from one of the ingredients, no clue which one though.

It’s in the average price range for Rishi at about $4/oz. If you can get past the aesthetics, this is a solid tea that would probably be best iced, unsweetened.

Full review here: http://theteablag.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-trap.html

Too light for my tastes.

I love Rishi but I really disliked this tea. The lemongrass was so unbelievably overpowering it tasted of a bad lemon sucker without any sweetness at all. I will not be steeping this again!

Lemon myrtle and lemongrass are yummy in this. I drank this iced, just wonderful. Versatile being good both hot and cold. It’s good for one extra brew. The second brew, the lemongrass stands out more, and I used boiling water and brewed it for 2 minutes the second go. I think I might like the second brew more the the first brew! I would buy this again.

It has a slight spiciness characteristic of a chai that I do not like. I think the flavors overpower the green tea too much.