Wuyi Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Cocoa, Cut grass, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Raisins, Roasted, Mineral, Burnt Sugar, Sweet, Caramel, Floral, Fruity
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “Backlogging. 3 days ago. Tuesday afternoon. I haven’t had an oolong in forever and it sounded like a good thing that day. This met my need and it was like I remembered it, yet it...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “We are having a lazy afternoon, went to the gym and had Chinese food for lunch, then took a nap. I’ve had this tea for a while and while I was gravitating away from wuyi oolongs a bit, we...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2794 tasting notes
  • “So, after complaining about the pong of this tea yesterday, given that my cold keeps getting worse, I decided “maybe if I can’t smell it, I won’t care” and opted to try to...” Read full tasting note
    jimmarks 325 tasting notes
  • “Ever since I read Rishi’s description of this, which includes the phrase “raisin sugar,” that’s all I can think of when I drink this tea. Which works, because that’s...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

The cliffs of Northern Fujian’s Wuyi Mountains are an important tea producing area with a long history. Oolong tea was first produced in Wuyi and this region’s soil type, microclimate and unique tea bushes produce exquisite oolong. Our Organic Wuyi Mountain Oolong has a smooth and rich body with a classical roasted aroma and sweet finish, Known as Wuyi Qi Lan or “Profound Orchid,” its flavor is quite unique with sweet notes of raisin sugar, honeysuckle and roasted barley. Organic Wuyi Mountain Oolong is great with any meal and makes superb cold tea for the summer season.

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

Got this one as a Christmas gift. It’s a dark roasted oolong. I got two dark oolong’s for Christmas and usually the light oolongs are my favourites.

Anyway, I brewed it up this morning according to the directions from Rishi. It’s a pretty strong tea with rich roasted graininess and a bit of sweetness. Shared it with Hubby this morning. It was pleasant enough but even on the 2nd infusion I couldn’t detect any orchid notes that they claim is there. Maybe as it becomes weaker with each infusion , orchid notes might come out. There definitely was raisin notes.

Even though this tea is good, I don’t think this is the type of tea I will reach for very often.

Flavors: Raisins, Roasted

Another sipdown way up high in the sky!

Roasty Toasty Graham crackers come to mind with a hint of caramel, less mineral taste(what wuyi are known for) than other wuyi’s but still a great toasty oolong. Short and simple Im a fan of this one and at less than $5/oz I think its a great staple to keep in mind as a daily wuyi, but no means is this a home only reserve but for the price I think its got everything one could want in a wuyi.

Flavors: Caramel, Mineral

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I can’t remember the last time I had oolong… I remember this one being green and honey-like, but it appears to be a shui xian instead of qi lan now. It has a nice soft toasty roasted aroma that melds with the ripe fruit flavors of shui xian. I’m not sure if I’d say it’s all that complex for a Wuyi oolong, but it’s quite enjoyable.

Mildly smokey, or peat flavored. A drinkable tea, especially on a cold winter day.

Wuyi Oolong is a full bodied tea with a sweetness that is far more forward that that of most other green or black teas. It’s as if each leaf were swept ever so lightly with honey and then left to oxidize and develop a rich hearty flavor. This delicious juxtaposition is why I am positively obsessed with Wuyi Oolong.

Wuyi Oolong is a fantastic nightcap tea. It enhances whatever mood you’re in. If you’re exhausted, it will relax you even further. If you’re amped, you’ll have even more energy. After a long day, tough workout or late evening, steep a cup and roll with the vibe du jour.

Very cool flavor and texture. A wonderful tea experience.

Great classic oolong. It reminds me of the tea you get in Chinese restaurants, but better.

Maybe I just really like Oolongs, but this is one of the most satisfying teas I’ve had yet. Really full yet subtle flavor. Holds up quite well to rebrewings, too. I usually infuse it 4 or 5 times, starting at 3 or 4 mins and increasing the length by about a minute on each steeping after that. Really appropriate for this time of year (especially with the rainy, cold weather recently) and great for social tea drinking. I’ll definitely get more!

I found this tea to be a little too bitter for my liking, perhaps it is more oxidized than the oolong teas I am used to drinking. The flavor is quite robust and holds up to a number of steepings (~6). I absolutely love barley but I didn’t detect a strong barley presence due to the overpowering sweet raisin notes.

I was happy to try this tea but I don’t think I will be purchasing more in the future.