Wuyi Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Cocoa, Cut grass, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Raisins, Roasted, Mineral, Burnt Sugar, Sweet, Caramel, Floral, Fruity
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “Backlogging. 3 days ago. Tuesday afternoon. I haven’t had an oolong in forever and it sounded like a good thing that day. This met my need and it was like I remembered it, yet it...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “We are having a lazy afternoon, went to the gym and had Chinese food for lunch, then took a nap. I’ve had this tea for a while and while I was gravitating away from wuyi oolongs a bit, we...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2802 tasting notes
  • “So, after complaining about the pong of this tea yesterday, given that my cold keeps getting worse, I decided “maybe if I can’t smell it, I won’t care” and opted to try to...” Read full tasting note
    jimmarks 334 tasting notes
  • “Ever since I read Rishi’s description of this, which includes the phrase “raisin sugar,” that’s all I can think of when I drink this tea. Which works, because that’s...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

The cliffs of Northern Fujian’s Wuyi Mountains are an important tea producing area with a long history. Oolong tea was first produced in Wuyi and this region’s soil type, microclimate and unique tea bushes produce exquisite oolong. Our Organic Wuyi Mountain Oolong has a smooth and rich body with a classical roasted aroma and sweet finish, Known as Wuyi Qi Lan or “Profound Orchid,” its flavor is quite unique with sweet notes of raisin sugar, honeysuckle and roasted barley. Organic Wuyi Mountain Oolong is great with any meal and makes superb cold tea for the summer season.

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

I found this tea to be a little too bitter for my liking, perhaps it is more oxidized than the oolong teas I am used to drinking. The flavor is quite robust and holds up to a number of steepings (~6). I absolutely love barley but I didn’t detect a strong barley presence due to the overpowering sweet raisin notes.

I was happy to try this tea but I don’t think I will be purchasing more in the future.

This is a great starter tea if you’re looking to get into heavier, roasted oolongs. This was one of the first Wuyi Oolongs I ever tasted and a good introduction into this type of tea. I only wish that Rishi was more specific in the type of Wuyi Oolong this is.

I like to brew this tea with a lot of leaf, boiling water and short infusions in a gaiwan.

I like the roasty notes in this.

This tea is not bad at all, it has the roasty/nutty/grainy flavors and aroma found in most darker oolongs. It is fully body and actually somewhat similar to Rishi’s Iron Goddess of Mercy but with a more “barky” note.

very wonderful iced I have found out mmmmmmmmm…. so refreshing!

Having a great cUp of wuyi oolong

A wonderful introduction to Wuyi teas for me. I liked the spicy, earthy, sweet combination of this tea. After I finished the tin, I moved on to explore a wider range of teas from different purveyors, but that’s not because there was anything wrong with this stuff.

The primary infusion of this tea is incredulous. The robust smokey essence left me wanting another cup. However, subsequent infusions are a huge letdown. I tried many different combination of quantity, temperature, and time; but I was left wanting. If anyone overcame this problem, feel free to drop me a note!

Last of my most recent batch. A solid, everyday drinking wuyi.

Did not like this one at all

It was cheap, thought I’d try it, and well. Horrible.