Peach Blossom

Jasmine, Orange Oil, Organic Chinese White Tea, Peach Flavour, Tangerine
Orange, Peach, Citrus
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Rishi Tea

White teas hand blended with the natural essences of succulent peaches and tangerines. The flavor of sweet peaches is well balanced with accents of fresh citrus and white tea character.

About Rishi Tea View company

Yum! This is really lovely. The peach and the tangerine notes come through gently, and the white tea tastes light and refreshing. Soft and delicious. I like this one a lot.

I bought a pound of this last yer and just finished it off. I stored it in a cellar, and it is still light and delicious. I like white teas, but generally prefer an addition, and the peachy deliciousness to this rocks. I think I like the smell of the dry tea even more than the taste. I always use boiling water, and rarely time my steeps because I just steep it until I want to drink it. This is yummy.

Imagine if you will, a tangerine basking in the hot sun, then splitting the rind of that tangerine with your thumbs, and smelling the fresh fruity flesh; that’s what this smells like! Sharp and tangy with streams of citrus that’ll light up your nostrils. The tea itself tastes less intense, which is a good thing I think! Its like tangy lemonade without all the sugar, so it’s much easier to enjoy (and with oranges instead of lemons…). wow, my tea descriptions are so graceful (/endsarcasm).

Don’t steep too long or takes on the taste of bitter rind.

I really love this tea!!! A hint of peach, that enhances the white tea, rather than distracting from it! Just the way a white tea blend should be :)

I’ve found that when it comes to sharing with guests or gift giving, this is a great route to go, because it seems to appeal to most palettes! Everyone seems to either really like fruity teas, or really not like fruity teas… and this one bridges the gap!

Stumbled across this tea at my local Coop and bought enough for a pot or two. While I was scooping some out of the container the aroma was very strong. But, it smelled of real peach, not an artificial peach smell I’ve encountered with some other teas.

The peach flavor very well balanced. It is not strictly sweet—it has a little bite to it, which rounds things out nicely. The white tea doesn’t seem to contribute too much, which isn’t too surprising since it doesn’t take much to overwhelm a white tea.

I think I’ll be buying more.

Gung fu in Yixing Gaiwan
1st 4 sec not overwhelmingly green somewhat fruity
2nd 6 sec the sweetness of peach is condenses and taste more extent
3rd 10 soft green taste with more bitterness very tangerine over peach
additional steeps at 3 min each demonstrates longevity of leafs

TEArender

Gong FU in YiXING Gaiwan Rishi White Peach Blossom
1st 4 sec the ease flows into a cup of tea and suddenly
2nd 6secs the higher amount of bitterness and equal amount of sweetness adds to the fruit flavor of the tangerine
3rd 10 sec soft peach flavor lots of astringent from the green is exists.
I made extra steeps and I notice nothing different aside from the strength

My Mom picked me up a can of this from Whole Foods and I must say I am enjoying this a lot. Love the peach flavor. I was worried it would be a little overwhelming due to the strong peach scent from the dry leaf. But the brewed flavor is a good balance of peach. I like that this tastes just as good if not better iced. Definitely glad whole foods carried this because I am not sure if I would’ve ordered it from their online site since I normally don’t go for white teas. But now I would get it again for sure. Yum!

Undaunted by my recent lapse, I have donned my Blazing New Rating cap and brewed up another tea new to me: Rishi Peach Blossom.

Once again, I am impressed by a Rishi tea. This one boasts a combination of White Peony from Fujian and Silver Needle from Yunnan along with various essences, including citrus and jasmine, along with natural peach flavor.

Judging by the appearance of the dried leaves, there is much more White Peony than Silver Needle in this blend, but the brewed liquor is very smooth and tastes a lot fancier than your typical flavored White Peony, many of which are evidently of lower quality than this one, which is organic.

The liquor is bright yellow, to my surprise, and I can taste the orange oil in the background, especially after having read that it is there. Actually, I’m now on the second infusion, and it may be that the orange has become more dominant than the peach. The scent of the dried leaves was very, very peachy, but by now the liquor seems just as much about orange if not more than about peach.

I have not had that many peach-flavored teas, but I am impressed by the quality of the underlying white tea in this Rishi blend. I’ll probably try a third infusion tonight, as the spent leaves are still rather fragrant.

(Blazing New Rating #68)

Flavors: Orange, Peach

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 17 OZ / 502 ML

Let me put it this way. If I make this tea for you it means a love you, because I hoard this tea like an addict. All it took was one whiff of this tea through the box while I was in the store and I was in love, and I haven’t looked back since.

This is the tea that completely changed my mind about white teas. Its not as delicate as I expected, definitely lighter and lacking the sometimes unpleasant astringency of black teas.
Taste: succulent peaches. Seriously, this tea taste the same as it smells. Juicy, peachy with a hint of citrus. Not all that sweet on its own but requires just the tinest amount of sugar to really enhance its natural peachy flavor.
Liquor: pale gold when steeped in short periods. darker gold/light amber when cold steeped over night in the fridge. The taste remains more or less the same, but picks up a slight bitterness when steeped overnight.

Flavors: Citrus, Peach

sherapop

I agree: very good for a white tea! It seems to have some real personality in this blend.