Puerh Bordeaux

Fruity, Red Wine, Smooth, Tart, Tea, Berries, Earth, Fig
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

• “Overboard TTB. This seems like a pretty good introduction to Puerh. The liquor is a deep brown with a bit of burgundy to it. The flavor is very rich and smooth, with a bit of tart fruitiness at...” Read full tasting note
    rosebudmelissa 135 tasting notes
  • “It appears I underleafed this. It was missing the figgyness I had hoped for, but I do think it will come out more when I _read the directions before eyeballing an amount that wasn't even correct_....” Read full tasting note
    thecookielady 133 tasting notes
  • “This tea is a really good pu'er blend. Lots of wine flavor with grape, cedar, blackberry and fig notes. Bit of tart and dryness. The pu'er isn't heavy, fermenty or weird - but quite woody and...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes
  • “I've had this tea in my cabinet for about 8 or 9 months now. On my first review of it I gave it a pretty low rating. Then I tried to swap it. Nobody wanted it. So it sat in my cabinet. So I've...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 266 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

This blend honors the cultural parallels between pu-erh tea, organic red wine grape skins, organic blackberries, organic raspberries, organic lavender flowers.

About Rishi Tea View company

Overboard TTB.

This seems like a pretty good introduction to Puerh. The liquor is a deep brown with a bit of burgundy to it. The flavor is very rich and smooth, with a bit of tart fruitiness at the beginning of the sip, and a lingering taste of wine at the end. It tastes surprisingly decadent, and very well-rounded. This definitely makes me even more interested in trying some other puerh teas.

Flavors: Fruity, Red Wine, Smooth, Tart, Tea

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It appears I underleafed this. It was missing the figgyness I had hoped for, but I do think it will come out more when I read the directions before eyeballing an amount that wasn’t even correct. The “earthiness” here was really comforting. It reminded me of hiking through the woods. The bit of fruit/fig flavor made it seem like an abnormally cool summer day in said woods. I liked it, but I am definitely looking forward to steeping the correct amount. I’ll withhold my rating until then.

cookies

I didn’t find any fig in it either, sadly. Very grape-y and berry. I never follow Rishi’s instructions either, they always call for a full TBS in 8oz no matter the tea which is usually way too much.

This tea is a really good pu’er blend. Lots of wine flavor with grape, cedar, blackberry and fig notes. Bit of tart and dryness. The pu’er isn’t heavy, fermenty or weird – but quite woody and creamy. This blend is pretty good iced too!

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/pu-erh-bordeaux-rishi-tea-tea-review/

I’ve had this tea in my cabinet for about 8 or 9 months now. On my first review of it I gave it a pretty low rating. Then I tried to swap it. Nobody wanted it. So it sat in my cabinet. So I’ve been thinking of just throwing it out but thought I’d give it another try. I’ve been using multiple pre-steeps on my pu-erh teas that has been working out quite nicely. Usually 10, 10, 15, 20 & 25 sec before I even drink a cup. With this I did 10,10 & 15 and threw it away. I figured too many steeps beforehand would wash away the bordeax flavour. So I brewed the 4th steep at 20s. It is actually quite good. The grape/red wine taste is very subtle , a light earthiness, sweet fig notes. Okay, back in the cupboard it goes. Lesson learned. You don’t like a tea- Try ALL different brewing methods before throwing away.

I can’t believe I didn’t even taste the red wine flavour in my other review! This cup is delicious!

Flavors: Earth, Fig, Red Wine

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

Your palate could just be a lot more developed now than it was 8-9 months ago, too? Or your tastes changed?

Ubacat

That could be. I wasn’t drinking that much pu-erh then. I definitely think the brewing method had a lot to do with it. On the box it says to brew for 5 min. I probably did that without any pre-steeps and I bet the strong pu-erh overpowered any other notes/flavours.

This is definitely one of my favorites. Rishi has outdone themselves with this new line of tea. http://onthebean.com/shop/tea-bags/pu-erh/rishi-tea-pu-erh-bordeaux-tea-bag-organic-fair-trade-tea-blend-15-ct.html