Puerh Bordeaux

Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by brad27

From Rishi Tea

This blend honors the cultural parallels between pu-erh tea, organic red wine grape skins, organic blackberries, organic raspberries, organic lavender flowers.

About Rishi Tea View company

I’ve had this tea in my cabinet for about 8 or 9 months now. On my first review of it I gave it a pretty low rating. Then I tried to swap it. Nobody wanted it. So it sat in my cabinet. So I’ve been thinking of just throwing it out but thought I’d give it another try. I’ve been using multiple pre-steeps on my pu-erh teas that has been working out quite nicely. Usually 10, 10, 15, 20 & 25 sec before I even drink a cup. With this I did 10,10 & 15 and threw it away. I figured too many steeps beforehand would wash away the bordeax flavour. So I brewed the 4th steep at 20s. It is actually quite good. The grape/red wine taste is very subtle , a light earthiness, sweet fig notes. Okay, back in the cupboard it goes. Lesson learned. You don’t like a tea- Try ALL different brewing methods before throwing away.

I can’t believe I didn’t even taste the red wine flavour in my other review! This cup is delicious!

Flavors: Earth, Fig, Red Wine

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

Your palate could just be a lot more developed now than it was 8-9 months ago, too? Or your tastes changed?

Ubacat

That could be. I wasn’t drinking that much pu-erh then. I definitely think the brewing method had a lot to do with it. On the box it says to brew for 5 min. I probably did that without any pre-steeps and I bet the strong pu-erh overpowered any other notes/flavours.

This is definitely one of my favorites. Rishi has outdone themselves with this new line of tea. http://onthebean.com/shop/tea-bags/pu-erh/rishi-tea-pu-erh-bordeaux-tea-bag-organic-fair-trade-tea-blend-15-ct.html