Raspberry Cream

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Ronnefeldt Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Ronnefeldt Tea View company

It seems I have much more of this left than I remember…hum…well, I haven’t done my Rooibos of the day yet so…here goes…

It has a faint scent of Raspberry and I can smell a hint of cream this time around…which I don’t remember from last time.

It’s like sweet on sweet…eh. A little cigar like too. Still not blown away by this one…but it IS a rooibos and it IS appreciated via Jillian.

Trying this tea courtesy of TeaEqualsBliss – Thanks!

Not my favorite rooibos tea, but it isn’t bad either. The raspberry flavor is very faint, as if it’s competing with the flavor of the rooibos. I experience more of the tart tingle on my tongue from the berry than I do actual berry flavor.

I can also taste the cream – but it too is quite delicate.

What I like best about this particular blend is that the flavors have managed to mask that artificial sweetness taste that I often get from rooibos, so what I’m left with is a slightly woodsy, slightly berry, with a touch of vanilla cream tasting cup. I’m tempted to allow it to cool significantly to see how it might fair as an iced tea.

Boiling 8 min or more

eh… the more I’m drinking this, the less I’m liking it (and that rarely happens). The tea seems to be losing flavor as I go, rather than it intensifying – which is really odd.

LOL, I think this might have been mine originally – I seem to recall giving away my bag of it to TeaEqualsBliss awhile ago in the “Take It Away” thread.

I wasn’t terribly thrilled with it either, but since I’m not a fan of pretty much any red rooibos tea I’m possibly biased. :D

I’m not a huge fan of red rooibos either – although there are some that I really do like (52Teas chocolate banana for example). This one just didn’t have enough flavor to it to keep me interested, I’m afraid.

This tea was a gift from my mother about a year ago – before I told her that I’m not a huge fan of rooibos teas.

I’ve never tried this brand before so I don’t know what to expect and what their other teas might be like quality-wise. Looking at the dry tea I can see little raspberry druplets mixed in with the rooibos, which is a point in the tea’s favor. There’s a distinct raspberry tang to the smell of the tea while it was brewing aswell, though not anything I would call ‘creamy’.

The flavour, unfortunately, is pretty blah. There’s a bit of sweet raspberry flavouring to it, but mostly it’s just a light rooibos tea.