Especial Yerba Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Pamela Dean

From Rosamonte

Premium Special Selection Argentine Yerba Mate with Stems. Strong, with a deep smoky flavor. Specially aged for a smoother taste. Very popular with serious yerba drinkers.

About Rosamonte View company

The smokiest mate I’ve had yet. Careful with the steep time on this one it can become very bitter. Have yet to try it tereré styled with cold water instead of hot and infusing it with various herbs and citrus juices

TeaEqualsBliss

Welcome to Steepster! LOVE the username! :)

Puerhtothepeople

Well thank you :) I came up with the name on the fly when I first purchased puerh

One of my favorites!

200 °F / 93 °C

Amigo, how have I missed you! Its been 5 kilos since we met. Remember the times you revived me those many mornings with a calm smoky buzzed assurance. We drank all day. Its hard to believe those many pubmed articles on your PAH levels, but I really had to move onto tea for my health. My gourd is empty but your company will always be mi corazon.

lotsa caffeine. couldn’t sleep

The flavor is deep and rich, with an aroma which reminds me of a good pipe tobacco. Some bitterness, as I’d expect in any substantial yerba mate. This has stems included. Some mate drinkers claim that the stem has more theobromine than the leaf, and that consequently yerba ‘con palo’ (with stems) produces more euphoria in the drinker. I’ve not been drinking YM long enough to have an opinion about stems. I bought a kilo of this, and I’m glad I did. Really energizing, and in a good way.