Cloud Mist - Yunwu - Cloud Fog Tea

Green Tea
Apricot, Chestnut
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Ordered off ebay directly from China, from a new-ish seller, cctvsystem11. {item 170862017232} Paid 9/29 and received 10/12/12 {13 days}. This is a delicate green, I don't own a lot of greens...” Read full tasting note
    susanbriggs 30 tasting notes
  • “I don't have a very refined palate. I'm not very good at picking out flavors that aren't super evident. I'm tasting the yummy vegetal taste from this tea, but I'm also getting something else. I...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 166 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This is a lovely cup, and it strongly reminds me of something Butiki-ish, but for the life of me can't place. Think gorgeous, tiny curled green tea (the picture doesn't do it justice) with a...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes

From Royal Tea Bay Co. Ltd.

Cloud-fog Tea is a sort of top-quality green tea produced in Lushan Mountain, Jiangxi Province. It is named after the production place. Lushan Mountain is featured by high altitude, great seasonal temperature difference, strong irradiation of ultraviolet, could and mist suffusion in half a year, and murmuring spring. This environment offers advantageous growing conditions for tea trees and facilitates the compounding of aromatic substances in them, thus contributing to the top quality of Lushan Cloud-fog Tea. Shaped into curly and tiny stripes resemble a little hook. Made of tender shoots, Lushan Cloud-fog Tea is characterized by elegant and prominent appearance, jade green color and luster, lingering fragrance, fresh and sweet savor, as well as long-lasting aftertaste. A very unique and lasting sweet taste with hint of nutty and fruity notes. Soft and smooth in the mouth and brings thin but long aromatic flavor that fills the mouth. The liquor is abundant in tea polyphenol, leaf extract and long-lasting intense fragrance, with the content of tea alkaloid and vitamin C higher than that of common types of tea. The infusion yields yellow color liquid. If you want a fresh and sweet taste, please do not steep the tea for a long time or the soup will taste a little bitter and the soup turn Yellow. Just for 1-2 minutes for the first and second brewing. You will love it, Not only the beautiful shape and the wonderfully fresh taste, Ideal for Summer.

About Royal Tea Bay Co. Ltd. View company

This is a delicate green, I don’t own a lot of greens because I tend to overcook them. I followed Cindy’s instructions to " brew the green tea with 80℃ / 175F water and a short infuse time" So I used the gaiwan, which is also something I don’t do often, but hey, that’s what having a ton of tea and a ton of tea implements is for, right? turn of a new season and I want a new flavor and method. That’s reason enough. And it tastes like I got it right this time. I only steeped about a minute and a half, and got a lovely dark brew which I then strained into a cup and further diluted with the hot water. Ha. Maybe I have this ‘guywan thing’ figured out? This worked out so easy this time.

I get the usual vegetable taste from greens, but this one is very light. I could dilute it further, but no need, without the astringency, I can enjoy this ‘thicker’ and it’s apropriate to this evening in so many ways. Everything outside is wet, like it hasn’t been in months. We got our first rain after a parched summer, and it was a gentle warm rain, that smells so good. Good tea, Good technique, Good Rain, Husband is off the next few days so I also get Good company. It’s a lovely evening.

I let husband, the coffee drinker, try this and he gave a snort of approval and inquired politely about it. I’m working on him… he likes this one.

Second steep more mellow than the first but still the beautiful golden color. Like Maple leaves. Third steep and I didn’t even leave it for a minute, it gave the nice golden color so quickly, much smoother less vegetable flavor now, the best cup yet. Boy this is looking like a VERY economical tea.

One other note, I cannot recommend this seller. I ordered 50g of this tea, and 50g of ginseng oolong, but received 100g of this tea. Contacted cctvsystem2011 {Cindy} and made a deal to pay an additional $5 for the missing tea and she volunteered to include a puerh sample to make up for it. I finally received the ginseng oolong 32 days later without any puerh included. So I got what I paid for, after a hassle, but not what she promised.

I don’t have a very refined palate. I’m not very good at picking out flavors that aren’t super evident. I’m tasting the yummy vegetal taste from this tea, but I’m also getting something else. I wanna say it’s something fruity. I don’t know, but I like it. It’s nice and light and delicate. Just the type of tea I like first thing in the morning to ease my taste buds awake.

1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Wow. This is a lovely cup, and it strongly reminds me of something Butiki-ish, but for the life of me can’t place. Think gorgeous, tiny curled green tea (the picture doesn’t do it justice) with a strong apricot/peach aroma, and then the flavor is — full, nutty, apricot/peach, thick, granular (almost chewy?), lush, summer-like. If chestnuts tasted like delicate peaches or apricots, this would be a similar flavor… or at least feel. An excellent straight green, and one I’m happy to drink often.

Grabbed this directly from Royal Tea Bay on AliExpress (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/320709), and it was a quick and pleasant experience, with excellent packaging. I highly recommend them.

Flavors: Apricot, Chestnut

Ubacat

Thanks for the link. Excellent shipping and price of that tea too.

MissB

Agreed! They marked it as a gift too, so I paid $0 to get it here.

Ubacat

That’s an extra bonus! I look forward to reading more of your reviews from this company. I’ve been checking out their website. Some really interesting teas.