Jin Jun Mei - Golden Eyebrow - Golden Junmee Wuyi Black Tea

Malt, Sweet Potatoes
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 11 oz / 325 ml

From Royal Tea Bay Co. Ltd.

Jin Jun Mei is a fully oxidised black tea from the Wuyi Mountain area of Fujian. It is made of tea bud tips which are picked before Tomb-sweeping Day from a rare and primitive specie of wild tea which grow on mountains, in the National Natural Area of Wuyi Mountain, with an attitude of 1500 to 1800 meters. Jun Mei means beautiful eyebrow in english. Processed Jinjunmei has the following characteristics: tight, slender and gold-yellow-black tea leaf, golden tea soup. The taste is clean and clear, with the deep smokey undertone mixed aromas of fruit, flower and honey.

About Royal Tea Bay Co. Ltd. View company

Good black tea, slight notes of bitterness.

For once, a black tea that is not offensively chocolatey, salty, smokey, or strong! What a pleasant experience! This makes me look forward to testing out my fresh Jin Jun Mei that Liquid Proust bought directly from the source in China.
The tea, though, is from the lovely MissB. It is malty and thicker feeling without being cloying or bitter. It’s dark and a little sweet without making my stomach upset. It smells quite sweet, but is not so sweet on the sip. Maybe a little woody or minerally, but melding with the maltiness; it reminds me of sweet potato skins, if that’s not too weird!
Thanks for the sample, MissB! I’m having fun playing sample roulette by dipping my hand in my sample box and coming up with something random!

Flavors: Malt, Sweet Potatoes

Liquid Proust

Let me know how they compare :)
I’ve tried two other so far and the stuff I bought seems to be more potent as of now, but I’m always searching for the best!

Thank you Ubacat for this sample. This is somewhat malty and somewhat sweet. It is not bitter, it is not astringent. This is a very tasty black tea. This is one I would buy at some point, after I have drank down my supply of black tea in general.

I brewed this once in an 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Flavors: Malt