Guayusa Ginger Citrus

Guayusa Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “Nom nom nom. I had the teabag of this for breakfast a few days ago and it was lovely. The smell is all citrus, sweet and a tad tart. The flavor itself is a very natural citrus and ginger...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 312 tasting notes
  • “I drank some this morning. I paired this with Andy Capp's Hot fries, a banana, and a Ess-A-Bagel. From the Runa Box: Amazon Kichwa people "They come together during these morning hours to...” Read full tasting note
    hannabling 80 tasting notes
  • “I really like this blend. The ginger is a gentler ginger taste, still zesty but not overwhelmingly peppery. Not hot or spicy. The orange tastes bright and juicy, with beautiful sweet and tangy...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes
  • “I tried this at the Coffee & Tea Festival in NYC & from the first sip I knew I'd become a guayusa addict. First off, the ginger is perfect. It goes really well with the citrus in this blend. ...” Read full tasting note
    SunnyinNY 52 tasting notes

From Runa

Guayusa wakes you up, blended with an invigorating twist of ginger and citrus.

About Runa View company

Nom nom nom. I had the teabag of this for breakfast a few days ago and it was lovely. The smell is all citrus, sweet and a tad tart. The flavor itself is a very natural citrus and ginger balance, supported by the slight bitterness of the guayusa. I am going to have to get a box of either this or the Cinnamon Lemongrass to keep at the office.

I drank some this morning.
I paired this with Andy Capp’s Hot fries, a banana, and a Ess-A-Bagel.

From the Runa Box: Amazon Kichwa people "They come together during these morning hours to share dreams, music and myths in a tradition that is essential to what makes them “Runa” – fully living human beings.

So, I did my part.
I went to see the Micki Minaj concert at Rockefeller Plaza before work.
I saw screaming teenage girls.
I heard the song Beez in the Trap.
Then it was time to go to work.

Sharing, is caring, especially loud music.

8/15/12 – I’m drinking this at work. I love the caffeine buzz. However, I’m added: 1 Pack of sugar, Maca Powder and Yerba Mate to make this have a super kick.

Bonnie

Who spells Quechua ….Kichwa? Wierd! My Aunt and Uncle speak Quechua and lived in Ecuador but mostly Peru…ah…looked it up, Kichwa is the Ecuadorian translation to Spanish Dictionary of the word Quechua and isn’t used in Peru. Sounds like you had a great kickin morning!!!

I really like this blend. The ginger is a gentler ginger taste, still zesty but not overwhelmingly peppery. Not hot or spicy. The orange tastes bright and juicy, with beautiful sweet and tangy tones. The guayusa is a little lighter here – it doesn’t taste quite as rich as in other guayusa blends I’ve tasted. But I still like it. It’s a little more vegetative and a little less earthy.

Very nice.

I tried this at the Coffee & Tea Festival in NYC & from the first sip I knew I’d become a guayusa addict.

First off, the ginger is perfect. It goes really well with the citrus in this blend. I tried a full cup this morning thanks to my purchase yesterday. Love it! Definitely keeping this one on hand for normal stash.

I tried this sample bag of Guayusa with the recommended 8oz of water instead of my full, 12oz Kati cup. The tea is much better than the previous sample I tried, but it’s still not a super strong tea. The main even here is the guayusa, which is vegetal and ‘green’ tasting, if that makes any sense. I get a nice ginger note that rounds it out and gives it a little more depth, but I’m not really tasting any citrus. Overall a nice tea, but not really what I usually go for.

On first taste, I disliked this blend. As a traditionally strong drink Mate drinker, I felt this was bordering on over produced blends that compromise the roots which is always the main ingredient, Guayusa. I decided to give it a few days, I then tried it 4 days in a row before work. By the 3rd day I was hooked. The Guayusa was not compromised, and it was not as overwhelming a flavor as I had thought. It began to grow on me, and was genuinely tasty by that 3rd day. Very Tasty, just like Guayusa, it is also subtle and very very tasty. Great blend, I will always be skeptical of blends in which seems a bit over produced, just like my music taste. I think my idea of teahouses are things such as the Citrus blend. I feel they go too much with flavor and substance, but I think this tea may have changed my point of view

I slept poorly last night, and this morning I need to be spry, as I’m taking both cats to the vet – a place they hate. It seemed like something caffeine-heavy would be the smart way to go.

I got two teabags of this in my swap package from kaylee – thanks! I’ve never had guayusa before, but judging from this teabag, it’s an….acquired taste. Not quite bitter, not quite herbal, slightly medicinal. I added some lemon-infused honey to this to kick up the citrus notes, but I’m not tasting much citrus or ginger here.

Ah well. I really just need the caffeine bump, so this will suffice.

Kaylee

Aww, sorry you didn’t like it. This is actually one of my favorite guayusas. How long did you steep? I usually go for about 7 min. It brings the citrus out. Then again, it makes the base stronger too…

Try a Butiki guayusa next time. The base tastes really different.

Hope the cats are ok!

Christina

Hi Kaylee,

Don’t worry! I’m sure that as I try more varieties, I’ll get a better sense of it – I really appreciate you sending me a number of them to try (as well as the mates).

The kitties are good – another tasting note mentioning them will be up shortly.