100 MYSTERIES

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “So I'm sitting here with the teas from *MissB's* generous swap package spread all around me. I'm entering them into my cupboard (188 with more on the way), moving them from one pile to another and...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 580 tasting notes
  • “I'm finally trying this tea! This was a gift from a co-worker who is also an avid tea drinker, she was the one who got the variable temp kettle for the office I think :) so thanks to her!! I have...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 822 tasting notes
  • “In keeping with the theme of trying new teas, I pulled this out from the first package *MissB* sent me and decided to give it a try. This is a very strange cup. It smells strongly of almond....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1345 tasting notes
  • “Okay, it's grown on me a little bit. Like kristinajoie mentioned below, it's very much like marzipan. The coconut comes through a bit later, however faintly, and the ginger is almost imperceptible...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 940 tasting notes

From SAHARA TEA

An Ayurvedic tea to promote Energy. Balances Vata by adding earth energy of coconut. The ginger, cinnamon, cardamom & pepper warms Vata.

Organic Rooibos, organic coconut, ginger, apple, cardamom, black pepper and almonds.

About SAHARA TEA View company

So I’m sitting here with the teas from MissB’s generous swap package spread all around me. I’m entering them into my cupboard (188 with more on the way), moving them from one pile to another and I smell mint…. hmmmm wonder which one has mint in it? (I don’t always do well with mint) I’m opening packages and sniffing. I still smell mint but can’t identify which sample it’s coming from. Oh well, I really don’t think there is anything more enjoyable than playing with new teas – especially surprise teas that I wouldn’t normally have bought for myself. Thanks MissB for a fun evening.

This was one that I had requested, never heard of the company and the ingredients sounded really strange to me. Yep, this is weird, but weird in a growing on me sort of way. Hard to describe. It’s rooibos, but not in your face, subtle roasty/nutty in the background. It’s almond in a sweet almost marzipan kind of way. It’s a little spicy, but I can’t pick out the individual ginger and cardamom. This is like spicy dessert. It’s not chai at all. I don’t know how else to say it….strange, but I like it and I think I’m going to like the second steep even more….

MissB

It is a really unusual tea. I think they’re local (I could be wrong) however I got it at the Low Carb Grocery, which has an in-person shop down the road. I’m glad you’re enjoying it, and the swap! (Also trying to remember now what I may have given you with mint in it…)

MissB

I have so little mint anything other than Whispering Pine’s Chocolate Mint. Did I send some of that to you?

sounds like dexter needs me to hurry up and send my box of teas to her lol

Dexter3657

MissB I don’t know why I was smelling mint and I haven’t been able to identify it. I didn’t get Chocolate Mint – LOL I would have figured that out. I thought it might have been in one of the energizing ones. Dunno doesn’t really matter. It was just fun playing with new teas.
Sil LOL there isn’t any rush, I’m just happily allowing my cupboard to explode and choosing not to stress about it.

I’m finally trying this tea! This was a gift from a co-worker who is also an avid tea drinker, she was the one who got the variable temp kettle for the office I think :) so thanks to her!! I have been wanting to try this tea but I always get a bit worried about trying new teas with nuts, especially since this company has a tea with peanuts in it, luckily not this one! Haha

The dry smell is so familiar..Alpine Punch!! That wonderful almondy marizpan smell! Yum. I brewed about 1 tsp (maybe a bit more) for 5 minutes with boiling water as per the directions. It smells like Alpine punch..looking good!

The taste is where this differs from Alpine Punch, in a good way! This one is much more natural, no flavorings in this I don’t think, so you get more rooibos, a natural almond, and the spices are very present too! I got a few mouthfuls of pepper earlier lol, now it is mellowing as it cools. A very tasty little blend, and a very nice gift! I’ll have to get her some tea on her birthday :)

Oh, and not many notes lately as I have been crazy busy..work, gym, started a new course for work, and more exciting things that I will talk about later! Too tired tonight haha!

In keeping with the theme of trying new teas, I pulled this out from the first package MissB sent me and decided to give it a try. This is a very strange cup. It smells strongly of almond. Tastewise, I am trying rooibos, almond, and pepper. I really don’t know if I am a fan or not. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily) Miss B was very generous with the sample she sent and I have a few more cups to work out my feelings on the matter. Thank you MissB!!

Okay, it’s grown on me a little bit. Like kristinajoie mentioned below, it’s very much like marzipan. The coconut comes through a bit later, however faintly, and the ginger is almost imperceptible – although it does linger longer than the other flavors. Will try with some coconut milk and more sweetener next time. Really torn on this one.

One of the most unique tea flavours out there. The taste is as intruiging as the name. Must try!

it has a very strong almond scent and flavour. so if you like almond you’ll like it, if not stay away. it is reminiscent of marzipan, but you can also catch the coconut flavour too. it’s good for a dessert tea probably, and for a pick-me-up in mid afternoon.