Turmeric Spice Herbal Blend

Licorice
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “So hard to describe this tea, other than it's a smooth, sweet, mildly spicy herbal brew. I inhale a bit of turmeric, I feel a tiny bit of ginger in the sweetness, and the smooth like butta must...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “I've been on the hunt for a good catch-all "helps keep you healthy and also works well when you aren't" type cold/congestion tea. I've always used Stash White Christmas in bags--when I'm REALLY...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes

From Samovar Tea Lounge

Turmeric, i.e. “Haridra” invokes Lord Ganesha (vanquisher of all obstacles). A 24kt-gold blend of ancient herbs: ginger, orange peel, licorice root, lemongrass, and of course holy turmeric. Peaty and grounding, bright and citrusy, and capable of banishing your obstacles.

About Samovar Tea Lounge View company

So hard to describe this tea, other than it’s a smooth, sweet, mildly spicy herbal brew. I inhale a bit of turmeric, I feel a tiny bit of ginger in the sweetness, and the smooth like butta must come from the licorice. There’s little here that I can pick out specifically, it all just seems to work together.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Licorice

I’ve been on the hunt for a good catch-all “helps keep you healthy and also works well when you aren’t” type cold/congestion tea. I’ve always used Stash White Christmas in bags—when I’m REALLY bedridden the last thing I want is to fuss with loose leaf, I admit—and plan to keep doing so, but I’ve wanted some other options with extra ingredients for a while now. Contenders include Adagio Foxtrot, Verdant Winter Sage Spa Blend, Verdant Holy Basil Spa Blend, and now this. It happened to be available relatively cheaply on Amazon with free Prime shipping, and I was trying to find something about that ballpark price range so they’d ship an add-on item, so. My first Samovar tea (bummed a lot of the best sounding ones rated on Steepster appear to no longer be available online). I was taking a risk but I already know I like ginger, lemongrass, turmeric, and licorice root, and those were all congestion and sore throat ingredients I was hoping for and was having a hard time finding together in a single tea (I wanted that, for simplicity’s sake). Plus, Samovar seems like a good quality brand to hang your hat on. And yay, I do like this. Not sure this would be everyone’s cup of tea (ha) but if you use lemongrass, turmeric, and ginger a lot in cooking like I do and don’t mind licorice root in other teas it’s probably a good bet you won’t hate it. I find it very comforting now that it’s become abruptly cold and relatively dry (for Memphis). Very soothing and as much like soup as tea in that it’s pretty savory. Nice. I’m glad I have it in my wellness arsenal now. With this killing so many ingredient birds with one stone, and my peppermint ginger teas (Stash and Verdant), I’m good to go on my entire wish/checklist of immunity/soothing ingredients aside from elderberry (garlic was the other one, but I knew I’d want that as fresh slices I add myself to a tea…and that would work wonderfully with this one!).

Bonnie

I use the Verdant Winter Ginger blend because I like it when I’m not sick too. There are other ways I use it as a base tea. If I need some l-theanine to calm a headache or bodyaches I add a little puerh to the winter blend. If I want more caffeine I add Laoshan Black. (The puerh option is easy on my stomach if I’m sick or nauseated) Anyone can make mint, ginger/lemon or turmeric drinks if they’re just looking for a healthy shot. For a great blend I figured that I was getting my money’s worth.

ifjuly

I’ve been interested in using pu erh for stomach flora health ever since Stacy from Butiki mentioned on the boards somewhere it might help keep the good bacteria in your GI system which in turn can possibly help with immunity. Once I place an order with Mandala and figure out where I stand with the pu erh and what kinds I like I think I may take your advice, Bonnie! I bet it’d be good with the Verdant Ginger Sage, yeah. I do enjoy it sometimes with LB! Yum.