Herbal Tea
Chocolate, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Samovar Tea Lounge

The wisdom of the ancients in a simple pot of deliciousness. Cacao for boosting moods (ancient Aztecs). Peppermint for soothing tummies (ancient Egyptians). And lavender for deeper sleep (ancient Rome).

About Samovar Tea Lounge View company

Hot damn. I love this.

That is something I never thought I’d say about a mint tea.

But this is superb.

I get mint-chocolate, with lavender. It smells in the order of chocolate-lavender-mint, though. The mint is SO fresh. I definitely have different taste buds from MissB, and I do love lavender.

MissB

I did grossly oversteep this, however lavender really does make me feel like I’m breaking out into hives when it’s as strong as it is in that brew. I’m so glad you love it!!

OMGsrsly

I think I want more, MissB. Could I buy half the packet off you? It can wait till after your rush at work. :) And if no one else wants it by that point, I might take it all. I’m falling asleep in my chair here! This might be a new favourite night time tea.

OMGsrsly

Oh, I see someone else grabbed it. Boo. Now the hunt begins! :)

oddree

Mint chocolate and lavender sounds AMAZING to me – I’ll have to keep an eye out for that combo, or something similar.

OMGsrsly

If you can get your hands on this one, definitely try it!

I love the idea of this tea, and had wanted to try Samovar for a while. if I’d known however how much lavender was in this blend, I would have passed.

Brewed, this smells so strongly of lavender, it’s a bit cloying. If you like that sort of thing, this is probably your kind of tea. Me? I sipped hesitantly. One sip and I had to dump it. While I did taste the cacao and mint at the start of the sip, the lavender quickly took over and owned me.

It seems I really overleafed this one (1 tbsp for 8 oz, even though I swear that’s what it said on the package), however for the cost involved, I’d much rather just pass this along to someone who will enjoy it more.

Boiling 8 min or more
Anna

Lavender is so tricky – just right, and it’s the loveliest thing ever, too much, and it’s an instant pour-out.

(I had lavender and white chocolate gelato a few weeks back, and they managed to balance it just right. Nom.)

Dustin

^That gelato sounds delicious!

OMGsrsly

I’ll try it, but can’t promise to love it because of the mint. :) I love lavender.

Interesting!

Drank this the other night, the lavender tasted peppery to me. I enjoyed it, it was definitely different, but I reached the conclusion that I would have liked it way more if it was just cacao mint. Which is why I plan to buy that flavor from Herbal Infusions at some point to try.

I’m not big on spicy/peppery teas, and for whatever reason the lavender overwhelmed my tastebuds to that extent.

So, nice to try, that’s it, goodbye!

Thanks for the sample, OMGsrsly! :)