Herbal Tea
Chocolate, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “IDK why I love this tea so much, but I do. Even with the mint. It's just SOOOO good. And lavender-y. :D Sipping on it plain today, since I want the last of my milk for my morning tea. I've also...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1574 tasting notes
  • “I love the idea of this tea, and had wanted to try Samovar for a while. if I'd known however how much lavender was in this blend, I would have passed. Brewed, this smells so strongly of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea from *MissB's* tea sale back in January. Thank you! I had a bunch of this back when I received it, but it looks like I didn't write a note. Tonight I believe I over leafed or...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 422 tasting notes
  • “Interesting! Drank this the other night, the lavender tasted peppery to me. I enjoyed it, it was definitely different, but I reached the conclusion that I would have liked it way more if it was...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 530 tasting notes

From Samovar Tea Lounge

The wisdom of the ancients in a simple pot of deliciousness. Cacao for boosting moods (ancient Aztecs). Peppermint for soothing tummies (ancient Egyptians). And lavender for deeper sleep (ancient Rome).

About Samovar Tea Lounge View company

IDK why I love this tea so much, but I do. Even with the mint. It’s just SOOOO good. And lavender-y. :D

Sipping on it plain today, since I want the last of my milk for my morning tea. I’ve also baked a bajillion cookies tonight in preparation for decorating them like eyeballs for Halloween, and not having sugar in this tea is a nice accompaniment to the cookies that weren’t quite perfect. Yes, that’s right. They weren’t perfect and also I needed to test them. Yup.

Anyways, if you like mint and chocolate and don’t mind lavender, definitely check this one out. It’s expensive, and hard for me to get, and also my BFF is hideously allergic to it, so I won’t be getting more. But you should! :)

Kittenna

Lavender?! Ewww.

Kittenna

Also, unsweetened (good quality) teas are the perfect complement to baked goods. Om nom nom.

OMGsrsly

Haha. That was MissB’s response too, which is why I ended up with the tea! And I LOVE it.

Anlina

Wishlisted! I love chocolate and mint and the idea of adding lavender intrigues me.

I love the idea of this tea, and had wanted to try Samovar for a while. if I’d known however how much lavender was in this blend, I would have passed.

Brewed, this smells so strongly of lavender, it’s a bit cloying. If you like that sort of thing, this is probably your kind of tea. Me? I sipped hesitantly. One sip and I had to dump it. While I did taste the cacao and mint at the start of the sip, the lavender quickly took over and owned me.

It seems I really overleafed this one (1 tbsp for 8 oz, even though I swear that’s what it said on the package), however for the cost involved, I’d much rather just pass this along to someone who will enjoy it more.

Boiling 8 min or more
Anna

Lavender is so tricky – just right, and it’s the loveliest thing ever, too much, and it’s an instant pour-out.

(I had lavender and white chocolate gelato a few weeks back, and they managed to balance it just right. Nom.)

Dustin

^That gelato sounds delicious!

OMGsrsly

I’ll try it, but can’t promise to love it because of the mint. :) I love lavender.

I received this tea from MissB’s tea sale back in January. Thank you!

I had a bunch of this back when I received it, but it looks like I didn’t write a note. Tonight I believe I over leafed or over steeped. It was a bit on the sour side. I get a bit of cacao, mint and then a bit of lavender. Some nights I enjoy this tea, other nights it just doesn’t sit right. I am glad to have experienced this combination, but I am not sure I would consider buying again.

Interesting!

Drank this the other night, the lavender tasted peppery to me. I enjoyed it, it was definitely different, but I reached the conclusion that I would have liked it way more if it was just cacao mint. Which is why I plan to buy that flavor from Herbal Infusions at some point to try.

I’m not big on spicy/peppery teas, and for whatever reason the lavender overwhelmed my tastebuds to that extent.

So, nice to try, that’s it, goodbye!

Thanks for the sample, OMGsrsly! :)