Moorish Mint

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Another wonderful sample from Takgoti. Mmmm...I love it! And my cats seem to love it too. Both Sarge and Mr. Mouse had their little heads hovering above my cup. They were doing that odd open...” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “Today was a very busy day. A busy day of classes and mind-numbing waits for various appointments. It was a CRAM CRAM CRAM _w a iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii t_ CRAM CRAM WATNOROOM? MAKEROOM SMASH!...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “DH isn't feeling well - his sinuses are attempting to secede - and I wanted tea, so I thought I'd combine tea-ness with being the good wifey. Takgoti sent me some of this and it is currently the...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “What an enticingly introspective blend from Samovar! Ala takgoti, of course, and her wonderful tea swapping choices. I was out in the cold today because a few friends and myself decided to take...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes

From Samovar

Origin: Cardamom, ginger, black pepper, fennel, and peppermint from the United States. Organic, fair trade green tea from China.

Flavor Profile: Complex and earthy, minty and deep. Subtly sweet with light roasted notes.

Tea Story: Everybody loves mint tea. Relaxing and uplifting at the same time, it has a cozy, healing, nurturing effect that always makes you feel better. We searched long and hard for a mint blend that would capture all the traditional benefits of mint but that was also something different. We finally discovered this custom blend, after thousands of tests and tastes. We are really excited about our house blended Moorish Mint.

Grounded in the classic Middle-Eastern tea profile, i.e. sweet and refreshing, we just made it even better and healthier. Our blend is really complex, full, and rich. The blend of cardamom, ginger, black pepper, fennel, peppermint, and a touch of green tea make this unlike any mint tea you’ve ever had. Try this hot or cold, straight or sweetened with a dollop of honey or organic simple syrup. Refreshing, cooling, velvety and tingly-warming too.

Samovarian Poetry: The tonic of the ancient Moors…San Francisco style, robust & rich. Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, black pepper, and a touch of green tea.

Food Pairing: This tea is seriously amazing paired with so many dishes it’s difficult to narrow down the options! At the tea lounge we pair this infusion with our Moorish Platter: Grilled Hallomi Kebabs, dolmas, field green salad with olives, and dates stuffed with walnut chevre. You might pair the Moorish Mint Tea with lamb tangine, couscous, tabbouleh, hummus, and goat or sheep cheeses.

For dessert, pair the Moorish Mint with honey saturated pastries, vanilla bean, or mint chocolate chip ice cream, of ginger cookies. Yum….

About Samovar View company

Samovar's is dedicated to preserving the simplicity and integrity of the tea traditions and inspiring people to practice peace through drinking tea.

Yes! Delicious! This one reminds me a bit of Aveda’s Comfort Tea, but is still very good in its own right. I really like licorice tea! (Anyone else love the Licorice Tea demos by Jump Little Children?) Yay for another Samovar winner!

Goes well with Hendricks but probably have to cold brew it. Use minimal ice.

Definitely minty – I’m liking it. For all the heavy mint aroma it actually has a very light flavor. Also, it right when the water hits it, it smells exactly like pot. Weird.

I love this as a sort of dessert / after dinner tea. It’s even good chilled.

This tea is soo good, when you drink it it’s like you’ve never had mint tea before. Be warned, after tasting this tea you will throw out all your other mint tea.

One of the my favorite blends right now. A complex series of flavors that seems to adjust between sips and with time. This one never tastes exactly the same, but is always wonderful.

I love the combination of pepper and mint.

Just got around to my sample packets of this tea. Very pleased with it. Loved the Fennel in it…and the minty finish.

YUM!

I LOVE mint leaves! And I’ve always had a thing for Moroccan mint tea. My favorite thing about this tea is how it opens up my nasal passages while drinking. This is the best mint tea I’ve had that doesn’t use fresh mint leaves.

Moorish Mint actually has a nice backbone to it, unlike many other mint teas which are either liquid Altoids or simply greenish water.

A nice balance of simplicity and flavor.