Watermelon

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gabs2431

• “This is GOOD! I think I may have just found my favorite fruit tea (that is, fruit infusion, not a tea blend or a rooibos or honeybush blend, but a blend consisting of only fruit, and perhaps a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4460 tasting notes
  • “So, I am not normally an herbal infusion fanatic (fruit blends that have no tea leaves in them whatsoever) but since the weather is hot and I can't eat icecream all the time, I have been trying out...” Read full tasting note
    mad_tea_party 24 tasting notes
  • “Mixed this with some assam black tea and half a teaspoon of rock sugar. This tea is delicious, a very fresh and juicy taste that splashes in your face. It is especially great that I can...” Read full tasting note
    thepha 254 tasting notes
  • “You've got exactly 75 cents. You want a coke. You put the change in the vending machine and you quietly wipe the sweat from your brow and exhale a breath of relief. Your coke is coming, you can...” Read full tasting note
    drueyyy 61 tasting notes

From Sanctuary T

Freeze dried fruit pieces, including watermelons and strawberry bits, as well as hibiscus form the base for this tea that tastes amazingly like a watermelon jolly rancher. The base is entirely edible (and quite tasty actually!). In the summer we add lemon juice to this to create our best selling summer drink: watermelon lemonade.

About Sanctuary T View company

Sanctuary T Shop is the online expression of New York City’s unique tea-restaurant based in Soho. It is dedicated to celebrating tea’s many forms, attributes and tastes. Owner Dawn Cameron and her team of tea-loving staffers are always experimenting for the perfect tea blends, tasting for the best pure leaf, expanding their tea knowledge, and innovating with new ways to use tea in food, cocktails and just about anything else!

This is GOOD! I think I may have just found my favorite fruit tea (that is, fruit infusion, not a tea blend or a rooibos or honeybush blend, but a blend consisting of only fruit, and perhaps a little hibiscus). This tastes just like a jolly rancher! It doesn’t taste sugary sweet like a jolly rancher, but it has that watermelon flavor like a jolly rancher.

Yum, Yum, Yum!

So, I am not normally an herbal infusion fanatic (fruit blends that have no tea leaves in them whatsoever) but since the weather is hot and I can’t eat icecream all the time, I have been trying out some fruity ways to make a refreshing tea drink.

I tried this out with a friend after shopping in Soho and I really loved it. Rather than adding a splash of lemonade I added sprite and some wine to make a sangria like watermelon tea…. the tea on its own is also delicious but this a great mix up!

Mixed this with some assam black tea and half a teaspoon of rock sugar.

This tea is delicious, a very fresh and juicy taste that splashes in your face.

It is especially great that I can recall memories of mid summer when we usually start buying large quantities of watermelon and end evening Summer picnics sharing slices with everyone.

You’ve got exactly 75 cents. You want a coke.
You put the change in the vending machine and you quietly wipe the sweat from your brow and exhale a breath of relief. Your coke is coming, you can hear the little mechanisms going inside the machine and its eventual tumble down the chute. You gasp.

It’s a pepsi.

Maybe I was a tad overexcited upon brewing this, but I was slightly let down. It just didn’t shine as brightly as the other teas in the tea sampler set. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an excellent tea! (Please don’t hurt me for saying so). It tastes just like a jolly rancher.. just like the description says, and no I’m not talking about that sickly syrup sweet taste (although I do love a good hard candy), but a real, refreshing and freshly sliced watermelon. It brews a hello-kitty pink color and smells divine.

However, I do think that there are other teas from Sanctuary T that sort of leave this one in the dust.