Geisha Beauty

Black Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Sanctuary T

From Sanctuary T

The blend of green and black leaves makes a surprising base for this peach-flavored tea. Contains black and green tea, rose petals, rose leaves, sunflower petals and natural flavoring.

About Sanctuary T View company

Sanctuary T Shop is the online expression of New York City’s unique tea-restaurant based in Soho. It is dedicated to celebrating tea’s many forms, attributes and tastes. Owner Dawn Cameron and her team of tea-loving staffers are always experimenting for the perfect tea blends, tasting for the best pure leaf, expanding their tea knowledge, and innovating with new ways to use tea in food, cocktails and just about anything else!

Yum! This is a delightful blend. The peach flavor is sweet and authentic tasting. There is a very light floral taste. The black and green teas are very harmonious here.

I’m off to write a review for the Tea Review Blog!

TeaEqualsBliss

I didn’t get this one either! :P

LiberTEAS

@TeaEqualsBliss – I purchased the Sanctuary Sampler, and this was part of it. :)

TeaEqualsBliss

Ahhhhh! I see! :) Cool!

had a nice bowl of pasta for lunch and was hoping to wash it down with something sweet and refreshing! i bought this tin of tea a few months ago and have been looking for a good time to try it out. i love the blend of green and black teas with the subtle fruit flavor. whereas some artisinal blends loose the essential flavors of the tea itself, this one did not shame the leaves while also adding a touch of floral and fruit!

From my review at It’s All About the Leaf, found at: http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/1702/tea-review-sanctuary-t-geisha-beauty/

I’ve been working on this review for a month.

Or more specifically, I’ve been trying to start writing this review for over a month, but never get as far as getting anything written down. I’ll open the tin, smell the tea, get my brewing tools ready, and be excited to drink. This excitement will last until I actually start sipping the tea. Then I keep delaying in writing, because I keep thinking that this boring brew can’t be right. So I tinker with the parameters, and try again, or get bored and wander off. Either way, the review isn’t getting written.

The leaf has an awesome scent; peaches blending perfectly with the black and green tea. Brewed, its got a good color, and a nice aroma. But I keep sipping, and when I do, part of my brain is still waiting for yum to come. I tried longer and shorter steeps, a variety of water temperatures and sweetening the liquor. Even still, I wanted more fruit, more flavor and more oomph from this tea. Those with more delicate palates may apprecaite this tea more than I. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for a more robust drink.

I find myself reaching for this tea more and more. The blend of black, green and peach are perfectly balanced, you will be hard pressed to find a better black/green blend.

Generally, I’m not a big fan of flowery teas. I, in fact, despise them the same way any classy lady will turn her nose up at overly strong body sprays and glittery mascara. It’s over the top, it’s embarrassing, and just leaves everyone feeling like you’re a cheap tart.

This, however, is the Audrey Hepburn of teas. It’s elegant and crisp. The tea leaves themselves have the faint aroma of jasmine that is only enhanced by the brewing process. The fragrance wafts gently through the air to meet your olfactory senses upon sipping. It first opens with peach and honeysuckle notes and then morphs into a fresh blend of lighter green tea notes.

The liqueur is a rich gold (on the website it said amber…?) and is utterly smooth on the midsection of the tongue. It leaves no drying sensation and is quite a filling experience in itself.

The leaves retain their flavor for about 3 brews, while the fragrance has a funny way of staying on your cup. Honest to say, even that didn’t bother me in the slightest.

This is my new favorite tea! Normally I stick close to brands I know but I saw somebody tweet about how great Sanctuary T’s geisha beauty is and I had to try it. It is perfectly balanced with peaches, black tea and green tea all coming through in a sip.
But in hot weather months, nothing beats a glass of iced geisha beauty.