Earl Grey Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by Meghann M

From Sands Of Thyme

Ingredients; black tea Assam, lemon bits flavoring, rosebuds

this is a very nice earl grey which with a nice cream flavor and much more subtle than traditional earl grey

About Sands Of Thyme View company

Another tea sent by my SweeTea. This tea smells like lemon curd when sniffing the dry leaf. I know there is lemon and rose in this, which is a bit different than the traditional Earl. Wow does the lemon curd come through in the taste, with a bit of a floral background. The bergamot is there too. I just have to play around with this a bit more to see if I can tone down the lemon taste of it. It’s a bit too much for my mouth to handle.

Thanks LiberTEAs!

Backlogging!

This wasn’t bad, really, and kudos for being a little different, however, I didn’t really get much EG, nor did I get much of the bergamot – if any. The lemon was like lemon pudding or something which, for me, was the highlight of the taste due to it being different and it making me think, but I didn’t really care for the rose with this as much.

Again, not bad, but not awesome either.

The lemon in this is interesting – but I don’t know if that’s a good interesting or a bad interesting just yet. The bergamot seems almost hidden behind the lemon notes of this, and it becomes more of a lemon-y custard (lemon curd) kind of taste with hints of bergamot rather than the Earl Grey Cream teas that I’m accustomed to.

The Assam in this imparts a bitterness. I only steeped for three minutes and I’m getting Assam bitterness. I don’t think that this is an Earl Grey Cream I’d buy again.