Ginger Honey Peach

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by MsWhatsit

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I like a good Peach Tea and so at my last trip to Savoy Tea Co, I caught a whiff of this and added it to my purchases. It smells very nice in the package. To me, that is often a good sign. This...” Read full tasting note
    MsWhatsit 57 tasting notes

From Savoy Tea Co

Black tea, ginger, honey, peach & artifical flavoring.

About Savoy Tea Co View company

1 Tasting Note

I like a good Peach Tea and so at my last trip to Savoy Tea Co, I caught a whiff of this and added it to my purchases. It smells very nice in the package. To me, that is often a good sign. This being the hottest part of summer, I am mostly making cold brewed teas, so when I finally opened this recently, I measured a tablespoon into a quart jar of water and left it in the refrigerator for a few hours.

Cold brew can take a variable amount of time. Some of them are fine in a few hours. Others are best left to steep overnight. I let this one sit, oh, maybe two to four hours and found it disappointingly weak, so I left it to rest in the fridge for a day or so. I would like to imply here that there was method to my madness, but the truth was, I just didn’t want to drink it after finding it so watery and unassertive, so I avoided it.

When finally the hour came in which I could think of no other excuse, I poured myself a cup and found it had turned to ambrosia. Seriously, it was very very good. No need for cream or sugar or anything. I really liked it.

I don’t know how this will be hot, and I will definitely plan for a LONG brewing next time. It’s possible too that this is one of those teas that brew up better if you exceed the recommended quantity. I will say, though, that when this has a good 24 hours or more to cold brew, it’s really lovely.

gmathis

Those sniffy jars will get you every time. This sounds wonderful.