Paris Morning

Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

From Savoy Tea Company

A fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony bergamot.

About Savoy Tea Company View company

This was specifically the reason for my return visit to Savoy Tea Company. (Oh, who am I kidding? It’s a decent tea shop less than two hours from my front door. Of course I’m going to stop there every time it’s possible.)

Must be one of their more popular blends, because when I placed my bulk order, the lady asked if I’d read on Facebook that it had just come back in.

What grabbed me on the first sample pack was the luscious creamy caramel texture and flavor with a little bergamot thrown in. First cup out of this batch, I noticed more bergamot and it was a little pushy. (Stand back, you, and let the caramel through!)

I’ll check time and temp more closely next time around and see if I can whip it back into submission. Otherwise, I may just have to go to the Ozarks again. Darn.

MsWhatsit

Ironically enough, this was MY reason for a second visit to the shop as well—I ran out of my first package of this and HAD to have some more. Good stuff.

Nicole

So… caramel and bergamot. Is this like Paris from H&S?

Terri HarpLady

I’m looking at the Savoy Tea Co’s website…hello chocolate truffle…, mmm apricot ceylon…

Terri HarpLady

Ginger honey peach….Paris morning…

gmathis

It’s really similar to Indian Nimbu by Harney & Sons, if you’ve ever tried it.

Nicole

Love Nimbu. I’ll really have to get by Savoy Tea Co

It’s my Birthday and, as promised, I had Paris Morning dessert style (with sweetener and coconut milk) for the first time. It was as awesome as I imagined it would be and a great tea to have on my birthday.

Since I was in doing so depleting my tea supply a little, I just had to stop by Savoy Tea Company to replenish my supply and see what was new. While there, I couldn’t resist having one of their bacon cupcakes. OMG Om nom nom…

Terri HarpLady

Happy Birthday, Sis!!! I love you!

Tea Sipper

Happy birthday!

ashmanra

Happy birthday!

gmathis

Belated, but sincere: hope your day was great! (If there were cupcakes, that’s a pretty good sign :)

Angrboda

Happy belated. :)

MsWhatsit

Aw, thanks everyone.

I’m pretty certain Savoy is either relabeling Harney & Sons Paris or there is another company out there that has copied it almost exactly. That means I love the tea, but I’m not sure I’ll go out of my way to get it from Savoy again when I order from Harney frequently anyway. If you’ve had H&S Paris you’ve had this. :)

Smooth, with caramel finish. Delicious with a teaspoon of sugar and a splash of soy milk.