Cherry Vanilla Tisane

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

1 Tasting Note View all

From SBS Teas

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, rosehip, elderberry, beet root vanilla, rose petals, blakcberry, sour cherry plus flavourings.

To Brew: Add 1 tsp to 6 oz boiling water & steep 7 to 10 minutes or to your own personal taste.

About SBS Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This one’s out of the Travelling Teabox – which seems to have a lot of SBS teas in it – was someone back along the route an employee or something, I wonder?

I love all things cherry, though it’s hard to find a decent cherry-flavoured tea. I wasn’t sure about this one since I noticed the dreaded hibiscus listen in the ingredients, but the cherry part won me over. Why do practically all fruit tisanes contain such a large amount of hibiscus? I know it’s supposedly good for you, but so is broccoli – and I don’t see them rushing to make broccoli-flavoured tea!

I went on the lower side of the steeping reccs and the tea turned out of be curiously mild, almost bland. I can still taste the hibiscus, though it’s not obnoxious and maaaybe a bit of something that might be cherry, but certainly nothing that would resemble vanilla. Actually it reminds me a lot of that Saskatoon Berry tea I had awhile back, only slightly less tart. Ordinarily I’d steep this longer to try and bring out the cherry flavour, but I KNOW that if I do that I’ll just end up making the hibiscus taste stronger.