Grapefruit Vanilla White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From SBS Teas

Select grade white tea infused with sweet vanilla and tart grapefruit flavoring to make the perfect blend. White tea contains caffeine.

Brewing Instructions:
For White Tea – Use 1 heaping teaspoon per 6 oz cup; heat fresh water to a rolling boil. let steep for 2-5 minutes.

About SBS Teas View company

The combination of flavours in this tea really intrigued me since grapefruit and vanilla aren’t normally ingredients that I’d automatically put together – actually grapefruit is a flavouring I haven’t seen in many teas at all.

The dry tea had a creamy vanilla scent, though it took on a citrusy scent too as the leaves steeped. The grapefruit flavour is rather subdued, just present as a hint of citrus in each sip. The creamy-vanilla flavour is more dominant and is particularly noticable after the tea has a had a chance to cool a bit. It all mixes surprisingly well with the slightly nutty, vegetale flavour of the white tea.

Agreed – grapefruit and vanilla are on opposite corners of my flavor palate too – not that I don’t like them both! I’ll have to try this one; I trust your judgment. :)

I think I got this out of the TTB ages ago. I wasn’t expecting much based on the lack of aroma, but this is pretty good. The vanilla is most prominent with a slight tart kick at the end from the grapefruit. I’m also glad to see that the white tea isn’t lost under the flavoring.