White Tea
Ginger, Lavender, Mandarin Orange, White Peony
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

2 Images

• “I received a bag of this today with my first *Monstrositea* box... it wasn't one of the tea samples, but it was a sample in an earlier box I missed out on (I only signed up in time for box #3...” Read full tasting note
    memily 701 tasting notes

From Scullery Made

This is an elegant white tea (White Peony – Bai Mudan) blended with mandarin, ginger and lavender.

Be gentle with this baby, leave the boiled water to cool for a full 5 minutes before you pour it over the tea (70 degrees). Allow 1 teaspoon per person plus one for the pot. Steep the tea for at least 3 minutes.

About Scullery Made View company

I received a bag of this today with my first Monstrositea box… it wasn’t one of the tea samples, but it was a sample in an earlier box I missed out on (I only signed up in time for box #3 onward) and it just sounded so GOOD I had to have it.

I was worried that I’d overhyped it, but I diligently stuck to steeping rules and it’s come out absolutely lovely. Delicate and strangely almost savoury but still sweet and a little like delicious hay. This is a beautiful brew.

Monstrosities?

Memily

Monstrositea.com.au! One of two awesome tea subscriptions available in Australia as of 2014. So exciting for this tea nerd.

i realised it was likely local to australia after i asked.. BOOOOO..but very exciting for you. I like the look and feel of their site haha

Memily

Haha sorry Sil! We Aussies have to get something down here, we miss out on so much (thanks to Steepster for reminding me so often)…