English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by De

From Second Cup

A traditional, invigorating blend made with full-bodied black tea from Assam, Ceylon, and Kenya.

About Second Cup View company

I’m having this as a latte in lieu of the bold malty tea I really wanted… I forgot to ask for no sugar so this is super sweet. If I’m not high on caffeine I will be on sugar!
There is a strong floral note here, but I am hoping it’s the sugar? I need to be in just the right mood for a floral black tea.

So today Second Cup was having a special. If you came in and mentioned a “tea offer”, you could get two cups of their “new” “loose leaf” teas in “silken pyramid teabags”. I was facing a long day at work alone, so I picked up two larges for $2.00. Why not, eh?

Oh blegh. Terrible. Almost as bad as the chai I had from them later. I only let it steep for 2-3 minutes, it was somehow weak and overly bitter. I don’t even know. It tasted like cardboard. And today I really needed a good tea. I walked into the office at 9:45 and got a chance to finish my first cup at 2:30 o.O. Busy, busy day. But this was terrible. I will never return to Second Cup for tea. Even McDonald’s does it better, and that’s scary.

A coworker offered to get me something from Second Cup when she ran over on her break. I asked for Holiday Tea, and she came back apologising profusely with no idea what she actually got me. It was English Breakfast – still kinda tasty, gave me a caffeine boost and warmed me up. A bit bitter by the time I got to the bottom of the cup. Nothing special, a bit boring, but a decent tea.