Maple Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Indigobloom

• “Backlog from this week. Tuesday I think. I've had a looooong one and somehow this just slipped my mind. Work has been hectic, and then I've been dealing with a bunch of supposedly unrelated health...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1291 tasting notes
  • “I got this at Second Cup in place of a Caramel Rooibos I had tried there earlier (and loved), but which they don't seem to carry any more. I enjoyed this one as well, and it smelled wonderful! A...” Read full tasting note
    corgi 4 tasting notes

From Second Cup

New Maple Tea – Our beloved Rooibos tea with the delicious aroma of warm maple syrup. Caffeine-free and Rainforest Alliance Certified™

About Second Cup View company

Backlog from this week. Tuesday I think.
I’ve had a looooong one and somehow this just slipped my mind. Work has been hectic, and then I’ve been dealing with a bunch of supposedly unrelated health issues (five of them! I’m not whining, at all, but it’s a bit overwhelming)
Second Cup is so easy for me, being that there is one housed on the ground level of our building. Expensive, but handy.
So the tea… It doesn’t say on the advertisement that it’s a rooibos, so I was expecting a black tea! but then I saw larger one later on and saw that did so I suppose I should have looked there first. Oh well.
Nonetheless, I was mightily confused when I was sipping… there was SO much astringency going on, and it didn’t quite fit my idea of black astringency. As the cup cooled, I figured out it was rooibos, thankfully.
The Maple aspect was intense. I felt as if I was drinking syrup! and the flavour was spot on. It really needs milk to get there, sadly. I had hoped to go without.
Now, Maple syrup is not my fave sweet. Chocolate is better :P
Still, now I am curious… I need to try Oh Canada from DT again just to see how it compares!
Overall, I’d say this is really well done for a Maple tea. If you like that sort of thing, make sure you try it out :)

Azzrian

I like that sort of thing! YUM!

Bonnie

I’d love to get my hands on some and throw a bit of lapsang souchong in it!

Azzrian

OH yes! Bonnie if I had a like button I would click it!

Indigobloom

ahhhh if only this wasn’t bagged :/

I got this at Second Cup in place of a Caramel Rooibos I had tried there earlier (and loved), but which they don’t seem to carry any more. I enjoyed this one as well, and it smelled wonderful! A great tea to have on a fall day. Will definitely try again when I go back to Second Cup.