Monk's Mead

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Krystal

• “I'm mmmmeeelllltttinnnnnnggg!!! Ahhh. I love this chamomile tisane not only for the taste (apple mango mmmmm) but the feeling of relaxation it gives. I'm yawning as I type! I had a rough day of...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #33 from Another Traveling Tea Box* It dawned on me that y'all are probably getting sick of me popping up on your dashboards so often. Fear not; I'm down to the last 10 or so samples from...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “*'Here's Hoping' traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #36* I love the name. This seemed to have other ingredients, but it really just seemed like oddly strong chamomile. Chamomile shouldn't be this...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1283 tasting notes
  • “Yet another from "Another Tiny Tea Box" - reading past reviews, I think this tea is well traveled! Initially it wasn't so bad, just a really apple-y chamomile. But the more I drank the more...” Read full tasting note
    Marzipan 219 tasting notes

From SerendipiTea

Soft, fragrant & nostalgic. For this unusual combination we have to thank Liz. Thanks Liz!

Ingredients:
apple,mango,chamomile

About SerendipiTea View company

I’m mmmmeeelllltttinnnnnnggg!!! Ahhh. I love this chamomile tisane not only for the taste (apple mango mmmmm) but the feeling of relaxation it gives. I’m yawning as I type! I had a rough day of registration (including getting cursed at!) so I really needed a little something nice to help me have a good night’s sleep. Goodnight Steepsterites!

ashmanra

I like the feeling of relaxation you got, but not the cursing! Sleep well!

Jaime

Must get this tisane. Must!!

Sorry about the registration woes. Is it over soon?

Stephanie

Boo to the cursing! But thank god for relaxing tea! :)

gmathis

Tea and a blankie (actually a quilt made by somebody who loves you) doesn’t fix everything, but it fixes an awful lot!

JacquelineM

gmathis – I agree! I have two crocheted blankets I made for me ‘n my husband – I hope that counts :) I am planning to work on my first quilt this winter break. My mother and grandmother didn’t sew, knit, or crochet, but I take a lot of comfort from my grandmother’s kitchen items that I inherited :)

Jaime – it’s sort of ongoing because then we have drop/add, then grading. All opportunities for students to not get their way (for a reason! I want to emphasize that I was enforcing reasonable University policy and not being harsh or “letter of the law” , then behave badly over it.

Jaime

And that’s why I brought cookies to the registrar’s office whenever I had to go visit. They weren’t bribes (I had my ducks in a row long before registration time came), but more “I’m sorry you’re having to deal with these other people”.

JacquelineM

Jaime – I would have loved you! I don’t think things are as bad at most places as they are here – it’s a small private expensive university and these students are really out of hand. I swear they were not this bad when I started. There has been a real cultural shift in the past 10 years. I can’t wait to complete my education and get out of here.

Jaime

I’m of the firm belief that cookies make everything better.

I went to a small, expensive, Baptist-affiliated college. I know the exact kids you’re talking about. I’m so, so sorry.

Tea #33 from Another Traveling Tea Box

It dawned on me that y’all are probably getting sick of me popping up on your dashboards so often. Fear not; I’m down to the last 10 or so samples from this box (that I wanted to try).

This would be a good night time/relaxation cup, or with honey. It’s very (VERY) dominantly chamomile, so if you don’t like the taste of it move along. If you do, this is pretty nice. There’s a subtle appley tartness hiding in the cup that adds a little interest and keeps it from putting me to bed. Otherwise not much of note here.

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #36
I love the name. This seemed to have other ingredients, but it really just seemed like oddly strong chamomile. Chamomile shouldn’t be this strong! The description mentions mango, but I really don’t taste it. I would love one good chamomile tea in my collection.. I guess right now it’s just Adagio’s Sherlock’s Molly Hooper. Sherlock!

mj

If you like lavender, I highly recommend Butiki’s organic lavender chamomile!

Tea Sipper

I tried a sample of that one ages ago, it was delicious!

jeweledthumb

Thank you for warning me. I hate chamomile!

Yet another from “Another Tiny Tea Box” – reading past reviews, I think this tea is well traveled! Initially it wasn’t so bad, just a really apple-y chamomile. But the more I drank the more thirsty I felt, and it wasn’t because the tea was astringent. It was really odd. I ended up not finishing it and chugging a lot of milk straight from the jug. Yeah, I’m that girl.

any tea with chamomile, i expect to taste like chamomile and drink at bedtime. at bedtime, i want something sweet. the hibiscus in this is very tart! i also find it strange to drink a chamomile tea that is red in color, but that’s a very minor complaint. i think i would have liked the apple/mango/chamomile blend, without the hibiscus. tart chamomile is not a good thing. added sugar, but it just doesn’t work as a bedtime tea, and i don’t want chamomile in the morning, so there you go.

Krystal

Totally agree about the hibiscus it would taste a lot better without it

Pretty good more drinkable than Chaucer’s Cup it’s not as tart but could be better