Guava Melon

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by petithelene

From Shaktea

Milky oolong blended with guava, melon, barberry, tea flower, and sunflowers. Creamy tropical taste with a refreshing hint of fruit.

About Shaktea View company

This was quite a nice tea! I’m not sure I’m really a fan of milky oolong in general, though, so that might be why I wouldn’t count it among my favourites, though I did enjoy it for what it is. It definitely tastes just how you would expect, very melon-ey with that creamy aftertaste, so I would definitely recommend this to someone who enjoys milk oolong!

I really aliken the milky oolong to a lapsong that has been brewed through a bunch, with the melon it’s a cantaloupe rind mixed with papaya. I could never get enough of that papaya-y taste that makes it so exotic and for a seasoned green tea drinker its the perfect hongcha

First ever oolong tea I’ve tried. I think I’m ready for oolong now – or just for this one. So love the taste and smells good too.

ShakTea is a great little shop/tearoom located on south Main St. in Vancouver that I discovered on my most recent visit. They have nice munchies too (sweet and savory) if you’re looking for a light snack, though it’s a bit pricey.

Now this is a nice melon-flavoured tea – it’s sweet without being cloying or artificial-tasting (I’m looking at you Davids Tea). Using an oolong base instead of a more neutral white tea is an interesting twist and the one they use appears to be some sort of green oolong that has a pleasent smoothness combined with a lightly roasted flavour. Possibly one of the best melon teas I’ve tried yet.