Jasmine Snow Dragon

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shang Tea

• “Used this in some truffles for the tea party today. They tasted really strongly of jasmine and it was a nice addition to the dark chocolate. I steeped about 2 tablespoons in 1/2 cup of cream for...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 512 tasting notes
  • “Jasmine is definitely not a favorite of mine so I set out to try this with some trepidation. It came in my Shang sampler pack but is definitely not something I would have bought as a stand alone...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “Hrm. I was at Whole Foods the other day, getting some Rishi tea in bulk, and the sales girl started telling me about Shang Tea and it sounded lovely. So, I picked some up and thought I'd try...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “I don't want to give this one a BAD rating because I think if someone REALLY likes Jasmine they would adore the fact that it's intensely jasmine. BUT...I can take or leave Jasmine MOST times. ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Shang Tea

Truly a treasure tea, freely rolled tea leaves open to present a delicate and beautiful jasmine flavor. Jasmine Snow Dragon is a signature tea of Shang Tea .

About Shang Tea View company

Used this in some truffles for the tea party today. They tasted really strongly of jasmine and it was a nice addition to the dark chocolate. I steeped about 2 tablespoons in 1/2 cup of cream for about 6 minutes. This is a very strong jasmine and I could see it giving a good jasmine flavor to anything you might want to put it in.

Pictures from tea party: http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/dagony/library/Tea%20Parties?sort=3&page=1

TheTeaFairy

Nicole, your tea party looks awesome, Ritz Carlton has nothing on you :-)

Nicole

Aw, that’s very nice of you to say. :)

carol who

Beautiful!

Jennkay

Wow, everything looks so pretty and delicious! I still need to find time to make those truffles

Jasmine is definitely not a favorite of mine so I set out to try this with some trepidation. It came in my Shang sampler pack but is definitely not something I would have bought as a stand alone item.

Yeah the jasmine in this blend is pretty strong, although it smells great the aftertaste is a tad bit bitter and soapy for me. However the aroma is very natural and I can tell this is a high quality tea, very clean and flavorful but I’m not totally feeling the love. Someone who is a true jasmine fan could probably make a better review than this one…

ScottTeaMan

Shang Teas’s have always intrigued me. Man, I’m really gonna have to start making a company “buy” list. I usually end up forgeting some companies I’d like to buy from. ://

Azzrian

Ah okay I see you have tried this one as well. I will try this one later tonight.

Hrm.

I was at Whole Foods the other day, getting some Rishi tea in bulk, and the sales girl started telling me about Shang Tea and it sounded lovely. So, I picked some up and thought I’d try it. I am at work, and that means uncontroled steeping variables. And I think it’s hurting its tea. It’s bitter, but it’s not a extra tannic bitterness. It’s more a too-much Jasmine bitter. So I need to go and try this again at home where I can make sure I’m controling the parameters better.

I’m holding off on rating this for now. Has anyone else out there tried this tea?

TeaEqualsBliss

“I am at work, and that means uncontroled steeping variables” – I just might have to STEAL this phrase!!!!

gmathis

Uncontrolled steeping variables: tap water, not-so-clean mug, microwave only to heat water, pesky interruptions that leaves your tea stuck in the water twice as long as it should …. I hear ya :o)

AmazonV

sounds promising, i haven’t tried it yet but i love jasmine

Angela

haha I live by “uncontrolled steeping variables.”

Teafreak

I personally love Shang Tea, but I’d recommend that you actually go to his shop in Crown Center. You get better deals there (if you buy 2 packets of tea you get the second half off), and Shang will brew any tea that you want to try so you can see how it tastes before you buy it. Shang owns his own tea farm in the Fujian and his best teas are his white teas (silver needle and white peony king), although he does have some great scented teas as well such as honeysuckle and pao blossom.

I don’t want to give this one a BAD rating because I think if someone REALLY likes Jasmine they would adore the fact that it’s intensely jasmine. BUT…I can take or leave Jasmine MOST times. Doesn’t really get much of a rise out of me…so…when I tasted this I was thinking WOW that’s a lot of Jasmine…I wasn’t necessarily in LOVE with the taste because there was a bold bitterness left over from the intense jasmine taste that lingered. BUT…like I said if you like Jasmine you will probably like this…just a little TOO MUCH Jasmine for my taste buds.

According to description claims, quality, aroma, and accuracy to the product description I would probably base my rating…of an 80 but since it’s not really for me…I would say more like a 55-60 based on my own tastebuds. I will meet in the middle for ratings sake here.

LiberTEAS

I haven’t tried this one yet, I will have to try it in a bit… I got a new Yixing mug for my Jasmine teas, I don’t know if I want to christen it with this one though. I am thinking I will probably go with the white tiger for that. And then, maybe try this one tomorrow.

Shang Tea

Hello, thanks for taking time to review our tea! I’m sorry the jasmine tea tasted too strong for you, this tea has the strongest jasmine flavor of our four grades of jasmine white tea. If you still have some left I would recommend brewing the first few steepings at 200-205 for only about a minute and see what you think then!

TeaEqualsBliss

Thanks for the tip Shang! :) I Do LOVE your company!!! I have several other teas I adore from your offerings!!!!

This is delightful! But, I will acknowledge that it isn’t for everyone – it has a STRONG jasmine flavor to it, so if you’re not particularly keen on jasmine (I am!) this may not be the tea for you.

For those of us who do love jasmine – this tea is such a treat! The aroma takes my breath away! The flavor is beautifully jasmine, and the white tea is very, very delicate here. But it is so lovely.

Been awhile since I’ve done any Steepster-ing. Figured the best tea to break the hiatus would be a Shang Tea offering I almost completely forgot about. I looked at other reviews for this, and some complained it was too strong. I think part of that might be the brewing instructions. Shang recommended a 195F water temp and a one-to-two-minute steep. I did it for three minutes in 165F – a white tea typical. What I got was a subtly-scented, jasmine-kissed white with a nuanced and delicate flavor. I’m usually not a jasmine guy, but this more than made up for my bias against its type.

Teafreak

I never liked jasmine either until I tried Shang’s jasmine.

Geoffrey Norman

There are few jasmine teas I like, this was one of those.

After a disclaimer that I do love a strong jasmine, this is a winner for me. I’ve certainly found other stronger versions, but I like that I can still taste the tea here as well, and that this jasmine has a warm, sweet quality to balance the perfumey aspects. Will have to compare it with their Jasmine Silver Needle later today.