Loose Aged White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Wow. This is a seriously good white tea. Of course I say that about all of Shang's whites. I sometimes feel like I'm being a cheerleader for Shang's teas, but they are seriously so good! Clover...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 427 tasting notes
  • “How charming this tea is. Start with a warm and toasty (not roasty) bi luo flavor, subtract any greenness, add a very slight sheng pu-erness, a touch of smooth Chinese black astringency, and a...” Read full tasting note
    Flowery 137 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Nicole* for your generous sample. This tea is amazing. I was dying to try aged white tea. Most of the time white tea taste like water to me, slightly colored. this tea is gorgeous...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 192 tasting notes

From Shang Tea

This is a five year aged version of our top selling White Peony King. Similar to wine, high quality white teas can be naturally aged and have enhanced flavor when stored correctly.This particular crop is from the April 2008 harvest and has been stored now for more than 5 years. This has resulted in a delicious, creamy, and refreshing tea that any tea lover is sure to enjoy. Try this one out and tell us what you think!

About Shang Tea View company

Wow. This is a seriously good white tea. Of course I say that about all of Shang’s whites. I sometimes feel like I’m being a cheerleader for Shang’s teas, but they are seriously so good!

Clover and a bit of honey, sweetness but heftier body than the White Peony King. I don’t notice any peony scent either, but this is a white tea with body and I lurve it. I’m not brave enough yet to try this in the brick form – I’m pretty sure I am not good enough at tea to take that on successfully. :)

And it’s super hard to measure since the leaves are sooooo huge! So 2 teaspoons is a total guesstimate.

boychik

White teas are usually tasteless to me. You are giving me a hope;)

Nicole

Shang’s whites were the first and still some of the few whites that had taste for me.

hmmm i’ll have to check them out sometime

Kat_Maria

Wow, I was THIS close today to ordering the sample pack. But I resisted! Perhaps after I can manage several sipdowns of what I actually have, I will order it.

How charming this tea is. Start with a warm and toasty (not roasty) bi luo flavor, subtract any greenness, add a very slight sheng pu-erness, a touch of smooth Chinese black astringency, and a thick mouthfeel.

Thank you Nicole for your generous sample.
This tea is amazing. I was dying to try aged white tea. Most of the time white tea taste like water to me, slightly colored. this tea is gorgeous mix of green and brown leaves with fuzzy tips. i looked at leaves for at least 3 min that how fascinating they are.
185F 10/15/30/45 150ml gaiwan
wet leaves smell kinda roasty and nutty,not floral. very comforting. clean sweet and smooth. it became even sweeter with later steeps.
100% repurchase

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
ifjuly

I loved this one too!

boychik

i think I’m in trouble. I have like $75 in cart and keep adding

ifjuly

haha. so far i’ve been so impressed with shang. when/if i ever have less tea in my cupboard to the point i can reorder, i’d give them my business in a heartbeat.

Shang Tea

ifjuly and boychik, thank you so much for all the reviews, and we’re glad both of you are enjoying the tea!