2012 White Tea Wu-Long

Oolong White Blend
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I had the opportunity to taste this in the store on Thursday. We went through about 4 steeps I think and while I preferred the 1st steep, the subsequent ones were also excellent. It was buttery,...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 510 tasting notes

From Shang Tea

Varietal: Da Bai, Da Hao
Ingredients: 100% Organic White Tea Leaves

This limited release of our 2012 White Tea Wu-Long is sure to be one of your favorite teas this winter. We produced this tea in September 2012 and altered the processing slightly to produce our favorite batch of White Tea Wu-Long to date.

Woodsy, fungal aroma Sweet butternut and acorn squash flavors, spice of cinnamon and black pepper emerge as it cools Full-bodied, smooth and round

About Shang Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

It was buttery, smooth, and woodsy. Another excellent offering from Shang Tea. We also tried the White Tea Wu-Long Premium which, IIRC, has been aged longer than this. Both were great but both my mother & I preferred this one. The longer aged one had a somewhat sharper quality. Not putting this in my cupboard since I wasn’t the one who actually bought it, but I can snag some from Mom anytime so it is still available for swap. :)

boychik

You are so lucky !

Lion Repshire

So awesome you got to try them both! I am going to write a review of the Special Reserve one very soon, as I have some on hand and have been trying to get more Shang Tea reviews written lately.

I tried the regular Wulong and the Special Reserve Wulong on separate occasions and I thought I had preferred the regular as well. I wanted to find the specific differences in taste so I asked the folks at the shop if we could brew them both and do a blind taste-test. We did that and after a few steepings, the one I consistently liked the most was the Special Reserve, so that’s the one I came home with.