Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “Ahhhhhhhh. Weather mild enough to work outside in shirtsleeves, finally able to continue picking up branch fallout from the ice storm a week before Christmas. This is my break and I am drinking it...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1691 tasting notes

From Shanghai Ganchun Tea Company

Longing tea have a long history of plantation. Longjing tea is the high class tea usually used as presents. Longjing tea belongs to green tea and is a cherished genus. The leaf is flat and smooth, glossed with jade green color. It emits dense aroma and tastes pleasant. It is famed by its four “incomparables.” A beautiful shape likened to the tongue of a sparrow, a green color comparable to the green jade, a dense aromatic scent it emits and an enduring gusty taste to the mouth. It comes out from carefully tending and when being fried it is stirred with human hands. It is perfectly an artifact in tea.

About Shanghai Ganchun Tea Company View company

Ahhhhhhhh. Weather mild enough to work outside in shirtsleeves, finally able to continue picking up branch fallout from the ice storm a week before Christmas. This is my break and I am drinking it with immense pleasure in the patio glider. Just a good quality longjing with long, flat leaves and a little sweetness.

For second steep, I threw in a pinch of mystery white chai from a work buddy; there’s just a tiny hint of cinnamon in it now. Equally pleasant.

K S

Jealousy! We are supposed to get a bit of a warm up this week – maybe into the 50’s by Thursday. Our branch fallout is still mostly snow covered. The patio glider and tea sounds so nice.