Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shanti Tea

From Shanti Tea

Simple Indian spiced black tea.

Om Chai is a blend of black tea, cardamom, and cloves, which produces a simple, lightly spiced, and excellent afternoon tea. It is our simplest blend of spiced Indian tea; but in simplicity comes great flavor. Similar to the essential nature of [Om], our Om Chai captures the most basic fragrance, flavor, and essence of spiced chai, and thus enhances the spiced tea experience.

About Shanti Tea View company

For those who shy away from Chai because of potential overwhelming spices…this might be for you! This is a mellow chai…appropriately named OM Chai, I suppose! A mellowed-out or more peaceful Chai, indeed! I guess more black tea flavor than spices. Pretty good!

This is indeed a mellow chai. Perfect for those who tend to find most chai to be a little heavy on the cinnamon or ginger – this blend is just black tea, cloves and cardamom. It isn’t at all spicy – the spices offer just a hint of a warm background flavor which allows the bold black tea to come into focus.

A really nice change of pace. Not a chai I’d want to drink all the time because I do like spicy chai, but, certainly would like to keep it on hand for when I want something a little milder.

Thank you TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea!

I agree with the previous review that this is a really mellow chai. So mellow in fact that I can’t taste anything other than black tea! Not that that’s a bad thing, but I was really expecting the spiciness of a chai. That’s the only reason I’m giving it a low rating. (As a black tea, it’s decent.)

Now the company, Shanti Tea, I’m very happy with. I took advantage of a SwarmJam deal to buy as many sample tins as I could. The sample tins are very generous, and at $3.45 each they make it very affordable to try out their variety of teas. The shipping was super quick. Depending on what I think of the other teas, I’ll be shopping there again in the future.