Kashmiri Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shanti Tea

• “Customer Service is VERY important to me. Almost as much as the tea itself. Whereas this specific tea may not be my most favorite by this tea company I do still LOVE this company. They are so...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This is nice! Very nice, indeed. It's been terribly hot over the last month or so here in the Pacific Northwest, but today, it is overcast and rainy. It is cooler. And I like it like that. ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4315 tasting notes
  • “Yet another tea in my quest for the perfect cup of chai. And yet another that doesn't make the cut :-( I can smell the spices in the dry tea, but nothing shows up once it's steeped. I too...” Read full tasting note
    missmylin 86 tasting notes

From Shanti Tea

Traditional Kashmiri blend of black tea and spices which produces the rich, semi-sweet and nutty flavor favored in Kashmir.

This traditional Kashmiri recipe is a blend of black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, and almond flakes and essence which produces the rich, semi-sweet and nutty flavor favored in Kashmir.

About Shanti Tea View company

Customer Service is VERY important to me. Almost as much as the tea itself. Whereas this specific tea may not be my most favorite by this tea company I do still LOVE this company. They are so nice! They are organic, very active online and from what I hear in real life, and constantly have something in the works!

As for this chai – it’s ok. It smells spicy but not overly. I can certainly taste the spices. The spices are THE flavor. It has a bit of a funky aftertaste for me but it’s still ok. I can think of about 15 other Shanti Teas that I like better tho! :)

If you like Chai you may like this. some may think it’s too spicey and some may think it’s not spicey enough…I’m glad I got to try this tho but have many more on tap to choose from.

Again, this isn’t a negative review and I am not saying I don’t like the bit I had but I like many of their other offering better than this one…my own personal preference, I guess.

This is nice! Very nice, indeed.

It’s been terribly hot over the last month or so here in the Pacific Northwest, but today, it is overcast and rainy. It is cooler. And I like it like that. Days like this are Chai Days.

This chai is a little different because some of the usual suspects are not appearing in the line-up of ingredients. Specifically, this chai does not have ginger or cloves. But that’s quite alright, because the cardamom and cinnamon are very flavorful here, supporting a delicious, rich black tea and the almonds give it a deliciously nutty flavor.

A very pleasant chai, made even more pleasant with a drizzle of honey and a splash of milk to make it a latte. YUM!

The Seattle Tea Snob

Terribly hot? I think you need to get out more. :P

Yet another tea in my quest for the perfect cup of chai. And yet another that doesn’t make the cut :-(

I can smell the spices in the dry tea, but nothing shows up once it’s steeped. I too taste an odd aftertaste that reminds me of old bags of Red Rose that have sat around for way too long. I need a chai with more kick.

So far, I’m 0 for 2 with the Shanti chai (this and Om Chai). I’ve got one more in my stash; hopefully that one will be The One.

(I have about 2/3 of the tall tin of this tea left. Does anyone want it?)