Lemonade

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Shanti Tea

Naturally Caffeine-Free Herbal Tea.

Origin: South Africa
Certification: Organic
Ingredients: Green Rooibos, Lemon Peel, Lemon Myrtle, Calendula, Natural Essences

Leaf Per Cup: 1 tsp.
Water Temperature: 90-100°C
Steep Time: 4-5 minutes

About Shanti Tea View company

Backlogging a few awesome cups from the weekend – iced – and VERY nice! YUM! See other notes :)

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tisane. It’s really quite good. Nice lemony flavor that starts out light and develops as I sip. It has a nice, tangy edge to it without being too tart, and it is pleasantly sweet too. Another good one from Shanti Tea.

From my It’s All About the Leaf Review, found at http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/2092/tea-review-shanti-tea-lemonade/

There’s a smell that you get from cold lemonade on a hot day. It’s the smell of sweet refreshement, a tang of sour and a scoop of sweet. It’s a smell of people outside at a country fair, sweating in unison, but happy to be there because of the gorgeous day, the riot of color and activity around them and the ice cold glass in their hand.

This tea – has that smell. The leaf for this herbal tea smells more lemony than lemons – it smells like the distilled essence of lemonade. And not just lemonade – but outdoor, perfect refreshement on a special occasion lemonade.

The flavor isn’t the same, it’s not lemonade, but it’s really good in its own right. It’s more lemon grass than lemonade, and has a warmer, mellower taste that the crisp, lemonade tang. It’s lemony, smooth and naturally sweet.

Hot, this tea is soothing and relaxing. Iced, this would be a summertime refresher. This is an amazing tea. Lemon-lovers, TRY THIS TEA.

I’m feeling very homesick today. It’s my niece’s 4th birthday, and it’s the first time I haven’t been with her to celebrate. I said Happy Birthday over the phone, and she asked me why I didn’t come to her house. I said I’m far, far away. So she said to drive fast. I told her I don’t have a car. So she said maybe her daddy (my brother) could drive really fast and pick me up and drive really fast to get home! She’s so adorable and smart, and it’s killing me that I’m not there right now.

So I thought I’d make a nice iced lemon tea to pick me up. I loved this hot, so I thought it’s about time I tried it cold. Great! Not great enough to lift me from my self-pity, but it’s quenching my thirst. It’s not like the lemonade taste I had while hot. It’s more of a grassy, green tea taste with lemon tones. I’ll probably really enjoy it tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Bella Boo! Tita misses you terribly.