Smoked Maple

Oolong Tea
Marshmallow
Edit tea info Last updated by Scion

From Shanti Tea

Unlike the Russian Maple blend which uses a heavily smoked black tea base, this blend is a wonderfully bold but smooth blend of dark oolong and maple, a perfect pairing. While the oolong is bold, full-bodied, and lightly smoked, the maples is light, aromatic, and sweet. The combination of the two flavors results in a well-balanced, best-selling maple tea blend.

Tasting Notes…
Certification: Organic
Grade or Quality: Leaf
Aroma: Nutty, Sweet, Earthy
Infusion Aroma: Nutty Maple
Infusion Color: Deep Amber
Base flavor: Maple
Infusion Strength: Medium

About Shanti Tea View company

Another sample from MissB! I’ve always wanted to try Shanti’s maple teas! All of their teas sound really nice but somehow I never see them around Steepster. Smoky maple though… very promising! Shanti wants you to steep this for 3 minutes at 190 degrees.

Steep #1 // waited 20 minutes after boiling // 3 min
I always associate dark oolongs with charcoal flavor, but not this one! It’s a nuttier base. Sadly, there is only a hint of sweetness from the maple. And really no smoke I can see, but I like my smoky teas SMOKY. I like the idea behind this blend though.. it would be perfect if the flavors were more present, as it’s a nice combination with this oolong base.. maybe even more so than if it were a black tea base. The second steep had less flavor. If I HAD to choose a dark oolong to have in stock in my cupboard, I’d probably go with this one anyway!

MissB

I’m thrilled that you enjoyed this one, albeit with some caveats. Sadly this was gifted to me, and I’m really struggling with oolongs (they make me violently ill). It needed a good home! :)

tea-sipper

Aw, it’s too bad you don’t get to partake in oolongs. But thank you again!

Yvonne

Sounds incredibly delicious! Wow!

Please keep things friendly and .

If you like the aroma of maple/maple syrup you’ll have to check out this brand new offering from Shanti! The Maple is AMAZING prior and during infusion. At the end of the infusion the little bit of smoke comes out to play, too, but the primary scent IS Maple.

The color of the liquor is that of a lighter oolong.

The taste is really good…I’ll just say that plain and simple…GOOD. It morphs. At first you can taste the maple…then the hint of smoke, then the Oolong, then back to maple. It has a juicier finish. I’m impressed.

Just a heads-up Shanti has other Maple selections, too, and I will be reviewing some of them here and over at Sororitea Sisters very soon!

LOVE me some Shanti!

Cofftea

Hmm this seems like it might be similar to Frank’s Maple Bacon due to the smoke… yum!

Please keep things friendly and .

Yum! The maple smells amazing. I’m not getting a lot of smoked anything, although I do tend to not pick up on a lot of the more subtle aspects of tea. So it’s probably there, I suppose it’s just getting a kick out of playing hide and seek with my tongue. Which is just fine with me, I can play with maple instead. It’s all good. This is very very nice, smooth and a bit sweet. Makes the toes curl and the mouth smile.

Please keep things friendly and .

I have been going to a Tea and Hookah bar with my friends and getting a mysterious marshmallow tea. It is so good and creamy and tastes like marshmallows. A perfect relaxing tea for anytime. The trouble is that I didn’t know what type of tea it was.

Well, last time I was there my friend happened to know the worker there and got out of him that the “marshmallow tea” was their smoked maple tea with a touch of vanilla coffee creamer and agave syrup. Obviously I had to find the brand it was and make a tea note of it!

This one is going on my shopping list for sure!

Flavors: Marshmallow

Fjellrev

I didn’t see that coming, a smoked tea!

Backlog:

A Really nice alternative to the typical breakfast tea – I don’t usually choose an Oolong tea for a breakfast tea, but this tea tastes very much like ‘breakfast’ to me with the lovely maple notes and the smoky character. There are rich buttery and nutty tones too.

Later infusions offer fewer maple-y notes, but I started to pick up on some peach-y notes and I enjoyed that too. By the fifth and sixth infusions, there were but mere wisps of smoke to the cup, and very little maple-ish flavors, but there were nice nutty notes and peach-y flavors to make up for it.

A really lovely flavored Oolong. Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/05/20/smoked-maple-oolong-tea-from-shanti-tea/