2007 Mu Ye Chun 001

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by the_skua

• “Honestly, I am not sure if I have ever had a puerh that has claimed to be mostly tippy material, as this does. I am sure, however, that it has an impact on flavor and texture. Yesterday, this tea...” Read full tasting note
    the_skua 207 tasting notes
  • “I'm proud to say that I just opened this tea cake today! Product of 2007 and I'm having it in October 2013! Six years! Wow! This tea hit the right notes with me, honestly. I generally prefer mild...” Read full tasting note
    Ummalmur 5 tasting notes

From Shuanjiang Mengku

This is the first release of the Mengku “Mu Ye Chun” label! This tea is produced by the Yong De sub-branch of the Mengku Shuangjiang tea factory. It is composed of entirely high-altitude first flush spring raw material from Yong De area of Lin Cang, a totally different area than the region from which classic Mengku teas come.

About Shuanjiang Mengku View company

Honestly, I am not sure if I have ever had a puerh that has claimed to be mostly tippy material, as this does. I am sure, however, that it has an impact on flavor and texture. Yesterday, this tea was plain, simple, a bit shallow, but solid and reasonable. Today, it comes across as slippery, mineral heavy, and metallic. It carries a green tea-like dryness and brightness to it, lacking thick, syrupy stickiness.

Aroma and flavor are middling, green, and lightly floral. The finish has poor grip. Unexciting would be one way to frame this tea. Another might be to say that it would be a good intro puerh for Chinese green tea devotees. I think I’m more of a big leaf man, myself. Regardless, I am excited to compare it to the Mu Ye Chun 002, which supposedly has a larger leaf composition. I’ll visit it later this week, coming to the tea table for two sessions, on two different days, with two different natures.

Full blog post: http://tea.theskua.com/?p=412

I’m proud to say that I just opened this tea cake today! Product of 2007 and I’m having it in October 2013! Six years! Wow!
This tea hit the right notes with me, honestly. I generally prefer mild mellow relaxing teas. This is a Yunnan Pu’ er tea, Mu Yechun 2007 001. The tea is very relaxing, clear light yellow color, crisp, mild, light, smoky, fragrant taste and aroma. I’m happy.