2007 Mu Ye Chun 002

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by the_skua

• “I was looking for a pick me up and I forgot how relaxing this tea made me last time. It has a nice mouthfeel and is numbing. I am sure it is numbing my senses as well. I am enjoying the heady...” Read full tasting note
    chasmargate 293 tasting notes
  • “Today, I’m finding a better mint quality, nicer clarity, and enjoyable bitterness coming out of this Mu Ye Chun 002 with longer initial steeps. While the 001 was crisp, light, and tippy, the 002...” Read full tasting note
    the_skua 207 tasting notes

From Shuanjiang Mengku

This is the first release of the Mengku “Mu Ye Chun” label! This tea is produced by the Yong De sub-branch of the Mengku Shuangjiang tea factory. It is composed of entirely high-altitude first flush spring raw material from Yong De area of Lin Cang, a totally different area than classic Mengku teas come from. The 002 blend is composed of more leaves and less silver tips. This is preferred over the 001 blend for long-term storage among Taiwan Pu-erh collectors. A strong taste and very infusable.

About Shuanjiang Mengku View company

I was looking for a pick me up and I forgot how relaxing this tea made me last time. It has a nice mouthfeel and is numbing. I am sure it is numbing my senses as well. I am enjoying the heady aroma. I am almost finished the first cup and I feel that easy feeling coming on. I love the way that this Sheng makes me feel. So peaceful and at ease.

Kashyap

I think I recall you doing tai chi…do you do yoga or qi gong? I found the impressions of the effect of pu erhs on energy interesting enough that I’ve asked a martail training buddy of mine who does lots of ‘internal’ martial arts to act as my 3rd party litmus test. Should be interesting.

Charles Thomas Draper

I have done martial arts in the past but I never mentioned it here.

Kashyap

must have been another thread with a fellow tea nerd….sorry for the miss-assignment

Charles Thomas Draper

Sounds like Jim Marks

While the 001 was crisp, light, and tippy, the 002 is minty, rich, and more durable. I find it more to my liking. The session today was improved by brewing more to my palate, yielding a slightly stronger brew that showed off this tea’s savory fresh green vegetable character. Some of the season’s first Asparagus was around, either in the tea or planted by my anticipating mind. This tea also has a much more satisfying energy to it, with a really heavy, calming buzz, that feels like the hands of a masseuse on my forehead – peaceful and relaxing.

Full blog post: http://tea.theskua.com/?p=416