Doi Mae Salong Jin Xuan Black Pearls

Black Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Thomas Edward(Toad)

• “Whoa!!! I really wasn't truly prepared for this tea. It is nothing short of amazing - no joke. Cutting to the chase, it's a mix between a Taiwanese Sun Moon Lake and Laoshan Black that I've had...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 133 tasting notes
  • “This is Black Tea from Northern Thailand, I clicked on the options of black as well as oolong for this one, because I compare it to a Heavy baked Ti-Guan-Yin(but better). There are not enough good...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 468 tasting notes

From Siam Tee Shop

The carefully handpicked, processed according to old tradition, and in both rolled and loose leaf form available ‘Chaa Deng’ (= Red Tea), as the black tea is called by its ethnich Chinese producers in North Thailand, shows a clear rust brown color in the cup, and the freshly infused tea’s fragrance courts our olfactory sensees with cocoa, nutty and bloomy notes and already anticipates the mild and still substantial aromatic taste of this tea, which is often compared to a Ti Guan Yin.
In the nomenclature of this tea, Doi Mae Salong means the cutlivation region, Shi Er is Chinese for ‘Twelve’ and hints on the underlying tea plant species, Black stands for Black Tea, and Pearls for the rolled form of this variant.

About Siam Tee Shop View company

Whoa!!! I really wasn’t truly prepared for this tea. It is nothing short of amazing – no joke. Cutting to the chase, it’s a mix between a Taiwanese Sun Moon Lake and Laoshan Black that I’ve had from Verdant Teas. Yes, I’ll go on the record and say it’s that good!

After warming the gaiwan and letting the heat activate the dry leaves as they sit with lid closed for 5 seconds. There are wonderful notes of ripe apricots and fresh cut sugar cane. Add a little hot water for 5 seconds, for the first infusion, and you now have an aroma of raisins, oven dried apples chips and interestingly enough, buttery hominy.

The liquid definitely has the fruitiness similar to some of the Taiwanese Black Assamica strain that I’ve tried, along with a complimenting light coca creaminess. It is very smooth, bright and leaves a clean, minty taste to the mouth – without any bitterness!

I must say, THANK YOU to Thomas at Siam Tee Shop for this one! It was included in a sampler that I purchased and I’m really glad that he was generous to release this lovely tea. I would not have been offended (now that I have tasted and seen its great brew), if he would have hidden and kept it to himself. You couldn’t blame him at all! Wonderfully delicious black tea!

You check out this tea and decide for yourself here: http://siam-tee.de/product_info.php?products_id=41

You will not be disappointed!

Pyra Gorgon

Now I want to go out and buy this tea! Great review.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Pyra you really should get some of this Tea, It is delicuous!

Pyra Gorgon

I think you are right, Tommy the Toad.

Thank you for the link!

Pyra Gorgon

8 euro isn’t so bad a price for 100 grams. plus another 3.45 euro for shipping. ( will wait till USD to EUR get more parity)

Terri HarpLady

Wow…now I want some of this one!

mm sounds delicious!

This is Black Tea from Northern Thailand, I clicked on the options of black as well as oolong for this one, because I compare it to a Heavy baked Ti-Guan-Yin(but better). There are not enough good thing that I can say about this tea It is very wonderful, full of flavor and aroma. No astringency very velvety smooth nutty yummy goodness, It’s just one of those that you have to taste and smell for yourself because words on here just don’t cut it. Alls else I can say is that you just got to try it. fans of Black(red) Teas and Oolongs will mostly likely enjoy this tea very much,I know I did, but any tea lover should be able to appreciate the essence of this tea. I plan on writing more detailed cup by cup notes on this one as soon as I get more since this review is based on just my sample size portion of it,I need more so that I can toy with different steep times and temps and such,I don’t do cup by cup reviews really but this tea to me is worthy of such a review. Awesome Tea! Go get ya some http://siam-tee.de/index.php?cPath=13_6

Bonnie