Golden Needle (Gin Zhen)

Baked Bread, Malt, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “Sipdown! I am all done with this one, but would certainly consider getting more. Drinking it plain today since I'm all out of soymilk. Looking forward to an all day meditation retreat tomorrow!...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2170 tasting notes
  • “The dry tea is little tiny tiny black twisty threads with golden ones mixed in and it smells like hay or straw. The liquor smells very different, like sweet raisin bread. It is a dark colored...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 151 tasting notes

From Silk Road Teas

Our traditionally grown lot, this Golden Needle style is becoming increasingly rare in China. Leaves are crafted to elegant, thin needle shapes mixed with golden buds make this tea a classic. Skilled processing and shaping of the leaf has created a delicate aroma. When steeped, it opens to a full-bodied sweet and malty flavor with a cup that is a bright red color.

About Silk Road Teas View company

Sipdown!
I am all done with this one, but would certainly consider getting more. Drinking it plain today since I’m all out of soymilk. Looking forward to an all day meditation retreat tomorrow!

Update: I iced the remainder I had and this makes a really good iced tea with a teaspoon of sugar.

Scott B

sounds very monk-like

TeaBrat

well, it’s only one day. :)

Garret

Amy… when I was in Kunming in April, I sat with Ned (who owns Silk Road Teas) for hours sipping tea and having wonderful conversation. He is a very genuine and sweet man. So grateful to have had the opportunity to share tea with him. Great guy.

Have a great meditation retreat tomorrow! I will be doing the same exact thing! It’s my Saturday thang. Fasting, qigong, meditation all day long. Thanks for being willing to do the work, sister!! The whole planet is better off because of it!

Garret

Oh, and I forgot that a few silent gongfu cha sessions will be interspersed in there, too! My new “Heart of the Old Tree” sheng and my new “Wild Monk” sheng will be the teas du jour!! One very heart opening and one very grounding!

TeaBrat

I wish I could bring some tea with me to my daylong! Maybe in a thermos…

Scott B

I would think they’d have some tea there at an all day event of that type.

The liquor smells very different, like sweet raisin bread. It is a dark colored liquor that you can’t see through.
The flavor is smooth, rich, and malty. Though there is a sweet scent, the tea is not that sweet tasting to me. There is no bitterness or astringency. Very good.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt, Raisins