Yunnan Black Organic

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Meeka

• “Om nom nom...I think I might have found our household breakfast tea. This really is full-bodied and malty (I think I finally understand what malty is..or maybe not..meh). It's also suitable for...” Read full tasting note
    Meeka 34 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the super early morning. I am loving this a bit more every time I have it. A delicious yunnan, malty, peppery, chewy. Makes a great breakfast tea with a splash of soymilk. I may need to make...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes

From Silk Road Teas

Our organic Yunnan “Hong Cha” (like our traditional style) has a husky aroma and the taste is full bodied. The leaves are from a characteristically thick Yunnan varietal that we favor, speckled with golden buds giving the cup sweet, creamy and malty notes. This tea will cup to a rusty red color, offering a thirst-quenching sweetness at the finish. Excellent breakfast or afternoon beverage. It can take milk and sugar.

About Silk Road Teas View company

Om nom nom…I think I might have found our household breakfast tea. This really is full-bodied and malty (I think I finally understand what malty is..or maybe not..meh). It’s also suitable for members of the household that might not be as tea-crazed as this one is (i.e my husband). There have been only a handful of teas that he has tried and liked. When on a whim I asked him to try this one as I was impressed by the first sip, he actually really liked it. It always makes me happy to share good tea :)

Bonus note about Silk Road Teas – I had a small teapot in my order and the lid arrived broken. I called to ask for a replacement and they apologized and were really nice about it, and asked about the packaging so it wouldn’t happen in the future…all in all a great customer service experience (part of me always expects hassles when dealing with stuff like that). It was my second order with them and I will probably order again. The only thing that bugs me a little is that they only do 4oz increments of tea, which is more than I usually like to order at once of a tea I haven’t tried (although the price per oz. ends up pretty good).

Tea of the super early morning. I am loving this a bit more every time I have it. A delicious yunnan, malty, peppery, chewy. Makes a great breakfast tea with a splash of soymilk. I may need to make it part of the permanent collection. :)