Camel's Breath

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “This tastes a lot better than it sounds, though I confess I have never gotten up close and personal with a camel. :) see previous notes for more info.” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2356 tasting notes
  • “EW...backlog from last night. This smelled alright dry, then I poured water over it and immediately it smelled like I was having dead fish shoved up my nose. I've never really noticed "fishy"...” Read full tasting note
    whisperingpinestea 60 tasting notes
  • “An OK mini tuocha, it can be steeped multiple times and it doesn't go bitter. You can get better puerh for just a bit more. Compared to the 'Original' Camel's Breath form Phoenix Collection is...” Read full tasting note
    jcov 149 tasting notes
  • “Produces a very rich dark liquor with a smooth mouthfeel. There's a lot going on in the flavor of this Pu-er. Almost too much I think. I have a hard time picking out anything unique about this...” Read full tasting note
    greymald 2 tasting notes

From Silk Road Teas

The earthiness of a traditional Pu-erh Tuo Cha is captured here. As its name aptly suggests, this dark or cooked Pu-erh has real strength and depth of character. Descriptors – rich, wet forest floor, hints of a barn yard – have been heard. In any event, it makes a very good cup of Pu-erh tea. Shaped into brown nuggets, each weighing approximately 5 grams, are individually wrapped in white paper. Our Tuo Cha is organic.Each nugget is a serving and will yield multiple infusions. Never gets bitter, only stronger. Produced in 2009.

About Silk Road Teas View company

see previous notes for more info.

LiberTEAS

I have tried a camel’s breath pu-erh also, and I agree with you, it does taste a lot better than it sounds… when I first received a sampling from a friend, I thought, eww… I don’t really want to try something called camel’s breath. LOL But, it was quite nice actually.

KittyLovesTea

I will have to keep my eyes open for this as I adore pu erh. :)

Kittenna

… that is definitely not the most appealing name, I must agree!

Spoonvonstup

I wonder how such an unappealing name became a sort of standard? I agree- really weird!

Dylan Oxford

Yeah, I can’t say pu-erh has really struck my fancy yet… but Camel’s Breath wouldn’t be the one to make me take the leap :)

EW…backlog from last night.

This smelled alright dry, then I poured water over it and immediately it smelled like I was having dead fish shoved up my nose. I’ve never really noticed “fishy” smells to puerh, soooo I guess I’ve been pretty lucky. Something called Camel’s Breath probably should never be consumed. EVER.

I tasted it, which was a horrible move. It tasted bitter and quite honestly like what I would imagine dead fish and camel dung taste like together.

So threw it out, and went to rinse the infuser. One of my friends was two rooms down from the kitchen and asked why the house suddenly smelled like dead fish.

Please, save yourself and your friends, and never buy something called Camel’s Breath. It’s as horrid as it sounds.

P.S. – my infuser has been washed 4 times and soaked in baking powder/vinegar for a few hours and it still smells like death.

Tabby

You might have to break out the bleach for that one. :(

An OK mini tuocha, it can be steeped multiple times and it doesn’t go bitter. You can get better puerh for just a bit more. Compared to the ‘Original’ Camel’s Breath form Phoenix Collection is nothing but the shadow of the original.

Produces a very rich dark liquor with a smooth mouthfeel. There’s a lot going on in the flavor of this Pu-er. Almost too much I think. I have a hard time picking out anything unique about this tea, other than it has that usual “barnyard” smell. Flavor is roasty and smooth. I’ve accidentally let this tea brew for over an hour, and it never got bitter. I find that it doesn’t rebrew all that well, not because of bitterness issues, but it’s hard to get a similar strong flavor that comes with the first brew.