Organic Buddhist Tea (Fo Cha)

Green Tea
Asparagus, Grass, Roasted nuts, Vegetal, Chestnut, Freshly Cut Grass, Pine, Leeks, Potato, Walnut
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

From Silk Road Teas

Beautiful small leaves brew to a sweet and grassy flavor. A good everyday green tea produced on an island in Zhejiang Province. The farm has been organic for 6 years and the quality of this tea reflects this effort.

About Silk Road Teas View company

I am a recent tea convert, and this introduction which is quickly becoming an everyday go to tea

This is one of my all time favs. I love the smooth taste. It is smoooooooth. Great green tea. If you don’t have this in your collection. Add it. Very Zen :) This tea makes me feel up for sure. I think it maybe more caffeinated than most.

This one came from my $5 September Steepster Select box. The leaves are thin and wiry and twisty, and their color is a myriad of greens and silvers. Dry scent is a mild and sweet combination of vegetal, grass, and hay scents. I steeped a heaping teaspoon for 2 minutes at 175 degrees.

Once steeped, the liquid smells sweet, creamy, and mildly vegetal. The taste is mild and vegetal, but there’s also a lot of grassiness here as well. It’s almost a bit sharp, which is nice my favorite, however there’s no astringency here. I could do with a little more sweetness. I do enjoy the touch of roasted nut flavor that comes out strongly at the end.

Flavors: Asparagus, Grass, Roasted nuts, Vegetal

Definite grassy flavor, not as much body as I was expecting.

Flavors: Grass

185 °F / 85 °C 2 min, 30 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Light, delicate cup. Very fresh and “green”. I enjoyed the first steep better than the second. The dry leaves smelled amazing. Felt and tasted like a quality tea.

Origin: Zhejiang, China
Leaf Appearance: Small little twisted pieces that are light to dried grass green. Smells nutty and a little bit like a sweet vegetable , potato, a sweet walnut.
Method: 4 ounce gaiwan, 1 tsp tea, 185F, short quick infusions
Liquor: Light tint of color, light pearl spring green with scents of sweet veggies
Flavor: Nice nutty, sweet, just a hint of leek and potato.
Wet Leaf: Leaves unfurl to be tiny little pretty spring green color and very young young leaves. Very delicate. This is a very nice green tea and has some leaves that look like Anji Bai Cha they are that light green with the veining. Some very tiny and delicate young little tiny tiny buds too. Pretty tea.

From the Steepster Select Box; September, 2014

Flavors: Leeks, Potato, Walnut

I find this tea very enjoyable. If steeped too long, it becomes almost savory in flavor. I’ve found that steeping this for just over two minutes at a lower temperature the flavor becomes sweeter and more vegetal, with hints of asparagus.

Good everyday drinking tea. Light and a good balance of sweet and substance.

I drink one cup every morning with breakfast. It is the tea I offer when I have guests because the flavor is not too bold and overpowering. It is always a big hit.